CCDB inline air - Who services their own?

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Thanks again Litenbror, I really appreciate it. I rang around a bit but no luck. Never mind, I will just ride the air shock this weekend. Still waiting for my refund from Pushys anyway.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Update: Never made it to Stromlo but went to Majura Pines instead. After a couple of runs down Rock Lobster the shock had leaked a lot of oil and was not dampening things much. I had a great time but came off a few times by the end. I blamed the shock. So I sent it to NS Dynamics and they converted it to coil. Money well spent. Very smooth and a noticeable gain in traction. I am very happy with it now.
Still keen to service it myself when the time comes. I guess it will depend on whether there are kits available in the future.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Serviced my Fox X2, full strip, clean, lube , bleed. A little time consuming but not overly difficult. Looking at trying a CCDBCS coil as Fox don't do a DHX2 in 205/60 and thinking of trying a coil on the Range.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I will be fully rebuilding a CCDBAIL. My freshly acquired shock for the yellow GT, with the air out of the air can, and the climb switch engaged, I can fully compress it with my bare hands while it makes more noise then grandmas bathtub drain

“sluuuuurp”

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Will do. And I’ll work out best options for tooling.

Modified bb tool hopefully and a couple of shaft clamps.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Here is the tooling needed. Not easy, but someone on the MTBR thread is willing to share the 3D files for the air can tool. I now have access to a 5 axis mill. Will 3D scan the cap that holds the bladder on, tooling to undo looks similar to bottom bracket tools but is a different diameter to intentionally lock end users and unauthorised people out of the shock. You can guess my feelings towards this.

Access to bladders is probably going to be the hardest obstacle in this process. I’m pretty sure my shock has a torn bladder.

You can see the bladders across the bottom of this photo.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Cane creek has things sewn up with a closed shop. Authorised service centres must pay to become one. Parts are not to be sold to end users.

They can jam that business model side ways.

I will 3D scan the inline shock to then get tools machined up. If any burners have access to a 3D scanner, please chime in.

The membrane currently is a disc with a lip on its circumference. I’m wondering if nitrile sheeting cut up with a punch, with an extra clamping ring could work instead. I can find 1 m2 of nitrile sheet 0.8mm thick in shore 60 for 50 bucks. Worth a try. Will also visit a bunch of moto shops with a membrane incase it’s not cane creek specific.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Someone on mtbr posted a link to a Eastern European online shop selling CCDB IL air diaphragms. Also some kind soul at mtbr has published all the o ring sizes.

Looks to be about 20 euros for a diaphragm with postage if I order 4. I’ll be ordering Monday. If anyone’s wants to amortise postage costs, pm me.

Have tools coming too from Canada.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Someone on mtbr posted a link to a Eastern European online shop selling CCDB IL air diaphragms. Also some kind soul at mtbr has published all the o ring sizes.

Looks to be about 20 euros for a diaphragm with postage if I order 4. I’ll be ordering Monday. If anyone’s wants to amortise postage costs, pm me.

Have tools coming too from Canada.
How did you go with this @link1896 did you manage to get the tools, diaphragms and O rings? I moved on my last bike with the cc shock but the new craftworks has one on it that could do with a service?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Have the tools and the O-Ring list.

Eastern European moto/MTB shop lets me add CCDBILA IFP bladders to a shopping cart and set shipping addy to aus. I forgot to check out as I was after a damper rod for Plankosaurus’a busted CCDB and they never replied to my email.

I’ll email them again and give em a few days then just check out. I was going to buy 4 bladders.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
How did you go with this @link1896 did you manage to get the tools, diaphragms and O rings? I moved on my last bike with the cc shock but the new craftworks has one on it that could do with a service?
I am in a similar position. You will love the ENR, mine came with the CC too but will get the coil conversion when it needs a service. I think I will give up and go with a DVO Jade soon if CC are not diy serviceable.

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Have the tools and the O-Ring list.

Eastern European moto/MTB shop lets me add CCDBILA IFP bladders to a shopping cart and set shipping addy to aus. I forgot to check out as I was after a damper rod for Plankosaurus’a busted CCDB and they never replied to my email.

I’ll email them again and give em a few days then just check out. I was going to buy 4 bladders.
Add one for me if you don't mind Link.