Cedric Gracia at Oxford Falls

DOM

Eats Squid
I personallly dont like the look of the Gemini either ... but hey alot of bikes outperform their looks.

I just hate people mouthing off about bikes when for

1. They havent ridden one (however cause joe blow on this forum or that magazine said they suck then hell they must suck )

2. I hate uneducated slandering of bikes ... I think Cedric would have a little more knowledge in what makes a good bike then most of us.

3. You dont have to buy a Gemini you dont have to like them ... but if your going to say they suck .. then post a valid reason .. something like year i rode one of them for a worldcup season and it didnt like this or that ...

I wouldnt buy one .. they are way overpriced .. but Cedric would have his setup pretty sweet and he goes off about it ... hes got money coming out of his ass and he could ride any bike he wants.

my 2 cents.

My point .. people being so knowledgeable on bikes they havent even touched.

Rik

logged out
Whilst I dislike Cannondales for other reasons, I won't go out of my way to bash them... but one thing I find funny, is whenever someone mentions a Gemini, the thoughts that come to my mind are "fullsick, is it lowered bro?"

G

lol go the old holden gemmies..... with the 2ltr rodeo turbo in there :roll:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Rik said:
Whilst I dislike Cannondales for other reasons, I won't go out of my way to bash them... but one thing I find funny, is whenever someone mentions a Gemini, the thoughts that come to my mind are "fullsick, is it lowered bro?"
That's what the new Fox Talas rear shock is for. Flick a switch and your bike becomes a 'fully sik yo bro' bike.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Fuzzy said:
are you an engineer socket?
No but he doesn't have to be. An engineer is simply a person who has completed a university course in the relevant field. One of the most mechanically adept people I know is not an engineer (yet). He is currently completeing his degree, but that is purely so that he can have something to hang on the wall. His knowledge of most mechanical systems is vastly superior to many engineers, simply because of the fact that he has spent over 25 years working as a technician in various industries.
Would you listen to a top mechanic if he told you that "from an engineering perspective" x-car was designed in a bad way?

Just because you don't have a piece of paper from a uni saying that you're an engineer, doesn't mean you can't possibly have any knowledge on the subject.

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Well, I own and ride a Gemini 1000 after having a Heckler. Have to agree about them being expensive, but mine was a good buy and the spec is very good except for the Deore cranks and bottom bracket, but they are working fine.
For its setup it is a light bike, about 32 lbs and climbs better than the Heckler if only the rider could keep up with it. There is also an adjustment on the 1000 with the single crown forks where the stem is mounted on a gold anodised sleeve that you can turn and it changes the stem angle. Never thought I would buy a Dale either but try things and see how they work and don't be sucked in by hype or rides around car parks. If you think Geminis are expensive what can you say about Rocky Mountains and Ellsworths, ouch!

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Hey Cruz. Keep an eye on your shock bolt at the adjustable end of the shock. I havent done this to mine, but we've had a couple of customers bend theirs. Easy fix thow, just replace with fatter bolt (damn extra weight).
Deore cranks are still one of the best cranks money can buy.
And lastly, how could you leave Foes and Orange off such a wank list of Rocky Mtns and Ellsworths? shame

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Squidly, they were left off because they are not quite as expensive as the other 2 for what you get for your money, but they are not far off.

Do you know when the 5th element air shocks are coming to oz?

Mine has a Rohloff disc hub on the rear as well but I am going to need a front chain device to stop dropping the chain on rough trails, maybe just the dmr model.