Centrelink registration for COVID-19 support

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"Good news for renters across Queensland, with the state government providing emergency rental assistance to those struggling due to the virus.
It’s set to be a temporary relief until Centrelink assistance start flowing next month"

$500 a week until centre link kicks in, get onto it if you need it.

http://www.mygc.com.au/renters-can-apply-for-500pw-help-from-qld-govt-until-centrelink-kicks-in/
Redundant yesterday and just rang the real estate agent who put us into this straight away.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We have had a lot of friends offer support and, while I know we will be fine, one thing I thought was really nice was that one friend sent us a $50 Woolworths voucher. So if you have friends going through the same that would be nice for them too I reckon.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I received this yesterday. Looks like you can get on myGov and get the ball rolling without a phone call. I’ve since discovered as my mrs is still working I won’t be eligible anyway.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm still waiting for my phone call from hear guys. Last message from them was received on Friday (3 April) telling me to be ready for the call...anyway I just checked myGov and needed to register again. Fuck me...I won't be happy if this has lost my original registration date.

Ease back you big gov apologists! If I'd made a user error I wouldn't be receiving the messages that they want to call me about my registration. This is some kind of system error. Unfortunately hiccups are to be expected with something like this and the volume of interest they will be experiencing.

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Word to the wise - Lodge ASAP. Once Centrelink process your application (lots of weeks) they will calculate your back pay from the day you first register. So no sitting back for a week waiting for it to happen, because that will cost you a week. So start clicking, it only takes a few minutes

I would not be surprised if the week long delay between announcement and getting this shit online and love was deliberate to stall a week of payments. I'm sure there will be an overly complicated appeal process of some sort involving hoops and canibalism, but most people won't be fucked with all the fussing. A dollar saved is a dollar earnt
I held off registering for two weeks as I knew centrlink were inundated and thought that I'd wait to allow those who need it more than me to get in. Didn't realise I would only be paid from that registration date rather than the date I lost my job. Where's the logic in that?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I held off registering for two weeks as I knew centrlink were inundated and thought that I'd wait to allow those who need it more than me to get in. Didn't realise I would only be paid from that registration date rather than the date I lost my job. Where's the logic in that?
It's a stupid rule. But it is one way to save a few $$$... It's cheap arse move by the government. Better to join the queue and just wait. I'm not pleased a the message again told me I only need to register once...sure. don't call and don't come in...sure but how long do I wait until I know your system has failed and I then need to initiate contact? It's pretty frustrating.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A couple of local people work for Centrelink and said they are doing crazy hours, 12+ hours/day 2 weeks straight and all packed into their workstations, no social distancing there. Let's hope they do have a break out in the office!

Sorry I know that doesn't help you guys waiting for it but there are definitely some people working on claims..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A couple of local people work for Centrelink and said they are doing crazy hours, 12+ hours/day 2 weeks straight and all packed into their workstations, no social distancing there. Let's hope they do have a break out in the office!

Sorry I know that doesn't help you guys waiting for it but there are definitely some people working on claims..
Just remember...they're public servants. Even though I'm sure they are very busy with this one. They probably only get 2 coffee breaks and lunch per shift before the over time kicks in.