Centrelink registration for COVID-19 support

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep.

You should at least see something from centre link after 5 weeks, I thought they went to online applications to speed everything up ?
Too funny! You register your interest on line and then they ring you. For some reason you can't do the whole process on line, something that is probably a throw back to their usual organisational distrust of applicants and recipients.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Too funny! You register your interest on line and then they ring you. For some reason you can't do the whole process on line, something that is probably a throw back to their usual organisational distrust of applicants and recipients.
Typical of them. I suppose you go being a thorn in their arse till they crack.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even unemployed and in isolation I have better things to do with my time than wait on hold with their call centre. I will follow their instructions and wait patiently.
I looked at my application online and it says I should get a call by next Monday.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fuck...that's quite a wait.
Yep. We applied for the QLD gov rent assistance that's meant to get you through to your first centrelink payment but that hasnt come through either. We have a little bit of savings to get us through but I can only imagine how hard it is for families and people that dont have any support.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got an SMS today to say not to contact them, they are working on it.
Lucky you!!!

You inspired me to have a quick look in myGov for any messages. This screen is still popping up the moment I log on. I've already completed this step and they state you only need to do it once. Are you still seeing this when you log in?

Attachments

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lucky you!!!

You inspired me to have a quick look in myGov for any messages. This screen is still popping up the moment I log on. I've already completed this step and they state you only need to do it once. Are you still seeing this when you log in?
Yep I get that still. If you go into the centrelink thing you should see somethign like this:

Did you get a jobactive thing added in your mygov? I didnt have one of those before.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well...you're showing a few things there that I don't seem to have. By "the Centrelink thing" what do you mean? I can't find that relsted message anywhere.

While I was poking around the jobactive icon appeared. It wasn't there prior to just now.

This is a bit of a frustrating process.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well...you're showing a few things there that I don't seem to have. By "the Centrelink thing" what do you mean? I can't find that relsted message anywhere.

While I was poking around the jobactive icon appeared. It wasn't there prior to just now.

This is a bit of a frustrating process.
If you login to mygov - click into centrelink - click into view claims - and it should show my first image in there

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you login to mygov - click into centrelink - click into view claims - and it should show my first image in there
Ahhhhhh...well I still can't link Centrelink to myGov, I get held up by not having a CRN. So I can't review my claims. Is there a work around for this that I can't figure?

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahhhhhh...well I still can't link Centrelink to myGov, I get held up by not having a CRN. So I can't review my claims. Is there a work around for this that I can't figure?
Sorry wouldn't know as I already had a CRN. Not having one would be slowing you down though I reckon.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry wouldn't know as I already had a CRN. Not having one would be slowing you down though I reckon.
I've no doubt! I'm not under pressure, I just don't like the ambiguity. Keep second-guessing - did I register properly? Did I miss a call? Is there something else I need to do? I know they are a little busy just now and this all came together very quickly and I've worked in government putting together document for emrgency relief situations, so I kind of expect it to have a fault somewhere and I've fallen into it. Patience...patience...lotus position.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've no doubt! I'm not under pressure, I just don't like the ambiguity. Keep second-guessing - did I register properly? Did I miss a call? Is there something else I need to do? I know they are a little busy just now and this all came together very quickly and I've worked in government putting together document for emrgency relief situations, so I kind of expect it to have a fault somewhere and I've fallen into it. Patience...patience...lotus position.
Honestly I can't help but feel like it's job is to make it difficult to get money and reckon a lot of people find it just too hard to go through their steps. Rang them up once to ask why we didnt get our family tax benefit at tax time and after 2 hours they said we didn't qualify. It didnt sit well with me because the rules said we should have so we rang back and got someone else and it turned out that 12 months earlier they had automatically cancelled it based on an estimate of our earnings, without telling us, and without assessing our actual end of year taxable income. That was $4k that we nearly didn't get and if not claimed within a year could never claim it back. Yet when you owe them money they want you to pay by credit card.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there a hardship box to tick because you can only afford 26” wheels? @pink poodle

Like mas2, I found a crn scribbled on a bit of paper from childcare days and this probably made things easier. I started the tedious task of applying on 1 screen while checking a couple of news sites for my eligibility on another. Wife is still working, no seeker.

I’m studying full time this year for the first time in forever so decided to get a flexible hospitality job rather than hitting up austudy etc. Been working out well with this mob around study/ parenting hours and bringing just enough in, but they closed at the first whiff of this. I’ve only been employed by them for 10 mths technically, no keeper.
No one is starving at my place and I’m not keen on chasing hand outs but at the end of the day this is just a loan. The people who have been working 364 days with their current employer will be servicing the loan along with all of us for a little while

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Unfortunately my employer isn't eligible for the job keeper allowance. There's plenty of from work to do, but... apparently it's hard to justify while there's no trade. I kind of think that is the best time to do it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've still got nowhere with this. I thought I might log onto myGov and see if I had any messages waiting there that I had overlooked...there wasn't, but! They have changed the government support message that pops up on the home screen. I click through to a screen that provides instructions for acquiring a CRN. You need a few points of lD proving citizenship or similar for eligibility for the process and a driver's licence (or one of two things relevant to new Australians). I don't happen to have a licence so fuck me...it is feeling like I'll need to into the local branch. The excitement is really building on this!

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Received another sms today. That makes it nearly 3 weeks. Also, applied for the QLD gov rent assistance that is meant to tie us over until Centrelink and havent heard back from that either. Time to access me some super...