Chain reaction cycles

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why don't they just stop operations for a few weeks until they sort their shit out???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wiggle/CRC have an annual turnover in excess of 400 million GBP. They'd lose a lot of money if they shut down for a week or 2!

Matze

Squid
Haven't ordered from CRC or wiggle in a couple of months, hope its not as bad as it sounds. Needs ome stuff ordered and delivered quickly before a trip. Has anybody ordered recently, and how did it go?

thanks

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haven't ordered from CRC or wiggle in a couple of months, hope its not as bad as it sounds. Needs ome stuff ordered and delivered quickly before a trip. Has anybody ordered recently, and how did it go?

thanks
I ordered a few small items on the 30/10. Two packages have shipped on has yet to ship. Tracking shows the two packages have left the uk. Still would expect them next week. Fuck knows where the last package is, i reckon they shipped it but didn't notify me of dispatch. This has been the only time i have had anything other than super fast shipping and next day dispatch.

Prior to this ordered some shoes last week and they arrived after 5 days.

bhibbert

Likes Bikes
Last week I placed a small order for 8 part numbers. Just to get some little odd and ends. All up 15 items.

Well tonight I get home to find the leaning tower of Pisa on the front door step. 10 boxes, what the?

One of them had 1 set of brake pads. What ever happens to economy of logistics. Maybe the log manager needs to re-attended uni / tafe, and have a retest on principles of logistics effort and effective resourcing.

I understand the move / two company warehouses but 10 boxes?

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last week I placed a small order for 8 part numbers. Just to get some little odd and ends. All up 15 items.

Well tonight I get home to find the leaning tower of Pisa on the front door step. 10 boxes, what the?

One of them had 1 set of brake pads. What ever happens to economy of logistics. Maybe the log manager needs to re-attended uni / tafe, and have a retest on principles of logistics effort and effective resourcing.

I understand the move / two company warehouses but 10 boxes?

Haha, we have a winner! Not sure anyone can top that!

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
Haha, we have a winner! Not sure anyone can top that!
Well.. I ordered a "package deal" hope head doctor and a hope seat post clamp... They were sent in separate DHL express bags... One arrived after 5 days the other after 10...

Madness

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
CRC order turned up today in two paper maiche and tape wrapped box shaped objects . Both well beaten. One box like object even had Aus Post tape on it to try and keep it box shaped. All content OK but very well shaken. Except I got a new old school square taper Shimano sealed bearing BB that included not one but three non drive side bushes. Win...er!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Can confirm I bought 3 things from CRC =no postage cost. Arrived on different days and different packages.
The business model for bulk packaging must be haemorrhaging money unless they have a temporary deal w their mail contractors.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Certainly some odd things happening with their shipping dept. ordered a set f pedals and a brand x dropper. 2 seperate deliveries via Auspost. The dropper was packed in a box about 80x20x20 which could have fitted 10 droppers!

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
CRC Order Cancelled

I put in a CRC order last night. Got the email about it. Today I find that my order was cancelled and my money refunded. All items ordered are currently shown as in stock.

Anyone else had this issue?

Just sent them an email in the hope I get a response.

- figured out it might be because my of my cc and paypal

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
yep, getting that 5 second thing too. Why the Fark would they be "checking my browser" before linking me to the CRC site?
Wouldn't that have happened automatically before ?
Might this be CRC's way of overriding people using VPNs because they want to circumvent CRC being cunce and Geo-Blocking us from buying certain products (or something like that)?

Last edited:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its more likely that the server they're hosted on was being DDOSed, this is one of cloudflares ways of slowing down those requests. Ironically my VPN provider has this during their log in process as well.