Chain reaction cycles

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Might be a good time to change to another brake brand, maybe Formula? :D
I was thinking about this in theory. I'd have to stick to mineral oil which leaves tektro and magura. I haven't tried high end tektro stuff, but the low end does the job, I love magura brakes but they do tend to get cooked easily.

On a side note, there is no more reason to shop crc unfortunately.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Jokes aside, pretty sure Formula Cura & Cura 4's are mineral oil too. Perhaps brake manufacturers (aside from SRAM and Hope) are starting to get the hint?

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's pretty true, no real reason to shop here anymore if shimano is off the table. Wonder if this BS will affect local online shops like Pushys?

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Been avoiding CRC since Mountain Bikes Direct came on the scene. Add in Pushy’s and Cycling deal it’s been easy to keep it local.

On another note - this big Shimano user may end up changing brands due to poor company behavior. They want to have non competitive pricing I’ll buy something else. If they keep competitive pricing at Aus outlets I’ll keep buying. If more people buy locally it may allow for more local stock if demand increases- if Shimano can handle the supply side properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Been avoiding CRC since Mountain Bikes Direct came on the scene. Add in Pushy’s and Cycling deal it’s been easy to keep it local.
My problem is that I usually can't make the basket I want from one shop. Case in point I want to buy some stuff which included tyres, fork servicing stuff and casettes and chains. Mtb dirct had the best range of fork servicing stuff, tbe had best prices on tyres, bikebug was the only one that had the charging dock i needed and pushys was the only one that didn't rape me on gearset prices. Turned out it was cheaper to just seperate the orders and cop the shipping fees x3.

The main game of CRC wasn't even prices for me. They had one of the biggest ranges and fastest shipping (haven't had the reliability issues others have had - probably because I deliver to work).

Without basic shimano stuff, there is not much that makes it attractive to shop there anymore. I just did a scroll through of all my orders as a kind of divorce proceeding and about 80% of my orders have some kind of shimano stuff in there - and that goes back several years.

John U

MTB Precision
First it was Fox, then SRAM, then the GST bullshit, then Shimano. I have completely rationalised my mtb spending over the last couple of years. I buy a lot less shit than I used to. Add to that the changing standards from my purchasing habits point of view no manufacturer or retailer is benefiting.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I run 3 main mountain bikes with Shimano mid range drive trains to keep the costs down and not to mention the other 4 bikes I have which 3 of them have Shimano drive trains also. Luckily, I have stocked up with a few spares that I've bought when they've been on sale but I say cycling in Australia is going to get a whole lot more expensive and push some people into the lower level groupsets for affordability.

As for buying repair parts in Australia for cycling components, it's just a big joke if I've ever seen one. It's usually more cost effect to buy the component new again or it takes some absurd amount of time to get the part here if the LBS didn't fuck the order up.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Well this just fucking sucks.... my commuter needs a new drivetrain and my preference was for a full SLX 10 or 11 speed setup. Gonna be a fair bit more exy now.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Well this just fucking sucks.... my commuter needs a new drivetrain and my preference was for a full SLX 10 or 11 speed setup. Gonna be a fair bit more exy now.
Have you looked at Merlin or ze germans?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Have you looked at Merlin or ze germans?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
not yet but I shall thanks. I found CRC good to buy from because they carried a large range from a variety of manufacturers at reasonable prices with good shipping. I'll have to branch out.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
When did Torpedo7 stop selling Shimano? They used to have occasional bargains on groupsets and brakes..