Chain reaction cycles

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
When did Torpedo7 stop selling Shimano? They used to have occasional bargains on groupsets and brakes..
Its recent, I'd say 1/1/19 like the other patsies...happy new year. It looks like they could be in a good position to be a bargain SRAM driver though.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have an order on the way from pushys, I reckon CRC can get stuff quicker to Melbourne than them. 4-5 days delivery from Brisbane isn’t good enough imo..
While I am happy to support aussie businesses whenever I can, it’s a bit much to expect the customer to pay more and wait longer (or as long) than an overseas store..
I’m not real happy about the crc block.. all the bikes in the house are shimano..

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I got a bunch of Shimano from bike-components in Nov. They had better stock than other places.

Bikebug looks OK for local Shimano.

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Temporary so they can come back with prices fixed at a higher level in an anti-competitive manner.

Let’s see on the 4th. Might be worth using a VPN to see if the pricing is geo related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
CRC have an Australian website. Possibly they are going to run Shimano stock from an Australian warehouse stocked via Shimano Australia.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Shimano back on CRC. Prices jacked.

Comparing my cart put in NYE:

- SLX 10 speed cassette from $40 to $84
- SLX RD 10 sp clutch $67 to $109
- RT66 180mm $36 to $29 (price drop what the)
- 10 Speed deore chain $24 to $30
- Didn't buy this but disc brakes (levers and calipers) are more expy across the range considerably. Deore set $150 or thereabout pre - now $100 an end.
- Pads seem unaffected.

Still, after this fiasco, I'm going to load as much into non-shimano/sram as possible from now on. I wonder if other stores will change pricing as well though or if this was restricted to CRC and their oem dodgeys haha.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Wow, those are major jumps. It's infuriating to see what is basically naked collusion to jack up prices to customers in Australia. I am really down on using CRC going forward, they've outgrown their roots.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've pretty much stockpiled all the 10sp Shimano stuff I need for the next 10 years.

From here on out it is, or going to be:
-Kmc or Wipperman for chains
-Sunrace cassettes
-Raceface cranks
-Formula brakes
-Jagwire cables
-Enduro replacement bearings for bbs.

I've got enough XTR/XT shifter and derailleurs but will be tapping Taiwanese ebay and Aliexpress stores if I need more.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Binaural

Eats Squid
You know, I think this might be interesting to the media - they love a good story about consumer exploitation. Has anyone submitted this as a tip to the Sydney Morning Herald? Might do so now.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You know, I think this might be interesting to the media - they love a good story about consumer exploitation. Has anyone submitted this as a tip to the Sydney Morning Herald? Might do so now.
Could even get in touch with A Current Affair, this would go well with other major problems in Australia like guys doing burnouts in industrial areas on weekends, people walking their dog off a leash when no person is near them and remembering the kebab shops that went out of business in Islamabad because of the Cronulla Riots.
All such relevant journalism............................