Chain reaction cycles

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've had no issues with CRC.

Hope this helps.
I agree. Wiggle seem to have more consistently fast postage times nowadays but crc are generally pretty good. I've recently had one package that to 2.5 weeks from crc when other ones have been less than a week. Overall, they are still a bloody good option.

indica

Serial flasher
how else would i know they dispatched my package would someone else tell me ???
anyone had any dramas ordering from CRC ?? i ordered some stuff about 3 weeks ago still hasn't shown up ?? spoke to tnt in the uk and they said nothing had been sent to australia also thought it was very strange CRC didn't provide me with a tracking number ??
???????????????

Where does your post state that you know something had been sent?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
What shipping option did you choose?
If you weren't issued a tracking number, how could TNT help you?

The free shipping option is pretty well a lucky dip in terms of time frame.

And have you contacted CRC?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
What have I started. As I said waiting 2 weeks for order now. Would love to have it by next Thursday. The new website is shit. I find I'm 50/50 between CRC & Wiggle as they stock different items. Never had a problem with CRC before.......wait & see

crim 87

Likes Dirt
What shipping option did you choose?
If you weren't issued a tracking number, how could TNT help you?

The free shipping option is pretty well a lucky dip in terms of time frame.

And have you contacted CRC?

there wasn't a shipping option just standard shipping. TNT took some of my details and searched all items from CRC only item that had left were to poland and thailand. yes contacted CRC prob about 20 times they're giving me nothing just saying to wait until the 15 working days are up. also when i spoke to tnt they said a package of my size shouldn't take more than 5 days

Howie1962

Cannon Fodder
I have been waiting three weeks for an order so I did a bit of checking. CRC have changed to using TNT for shipping. I used the express checkout with PayPal that has a P.O. Box for an address. (Previous orders from CRC have been mailed to my P.O. Box no problem and I was unaware they changed to TNT.)

CRC are now saying that they have checked and TNT will not deliver to a P.O. Box so I have to wait for it to be returned to CRC so they can issue a refund.

Not happy Jan. I see this as their error.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
anyone had any dramas ordering from CRC ?? i ordered some stuff about 3 weeks ago still hasn't shown up ?? spoke to tnt in the uk and they said nothing had been sent to australia also thought it was very strange CRC didn't provide me with a tracking number ??
Ordered a part on the 25th August. Still waiting.

Gripo

Eats Squid
I have been waiting three weeks for an order so I did a bit of checking. CRC have changed to using TNT for shipping. I used the express checkout with PayPal that has a P.O. Box for an address. (Previous orders from CRC have been mailed to my P.O. Box no problem and I was unaware they changed to TNT.)

CRC are now saying that they have checked and TNT will not deliver to a P.O. Box so I have to wait for it to be returned to CRC so they can issue a refund.

Not happy Jan. I see this as their error.
No PO Boxes!.....that's crap, it makes it difficult to "receive" items from the likes of TNT at a residential address when most peps work mon-fri?

At least DHL pass it onto AusPost for PP Box addresses.....

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
CRC are absolute crap nowadays, websites crap, websites slow, prices aren't as competitive as they use to be (you can get cheaper prices on Wiggle and ebay now) and they've stopped providing tracking numbers whilst wiggle still does. They've also completely wiped the purchase history from your account so you can't check what you've previously bought. As someone whose spent close to $10k there, you don't feel very special as a customer when they just completely forget about your order history.

I recently had an order go missing and they weren't that helpful. They wanted me to wait 30 business days (6 working weeks) for a refund, so I waited for an order to arrive for 4 weeks, then I'm forced to wait another 2 weeks before I get my money back. Doesn't seem that bad for small order but imagine if you placed a $1,000 order and had to wait 6 weeks before you could get your money back.

I'm grateful for how awesome they use to be, I'm either going local, wiggle or ebay from now on, CRC have lost my cash monies.
Nailed it. +1

jetlee

Likes Bikes
Placed my first order with them last night, received shipping notification this arvo. Lets just hope shit turns up

Howie1962

Cannon Fodder
Just received another email from them saying I have to wait 30 working days (6 week) to get a refund for a mistake they made!

speedyjonzalas

Likes Dirt
Ive had very little problems from them. In fact only good things and good service as well.

And as far as postage goes I tend to think if stuff arrives within 3 weeks then its good going, especially considering nearly every time I order from an Australian website it take 1.5 to 2 wks to get here.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
They are still using DHL for shipping at least some of the time.

Placed an order about 5pm yesterday, was shipped within about 4 hours via DHL Express (I left it on the default free shipping) and I have a tracking number.

Shoryuken

Likes Dirt
Ive been using CRC for maybe 4 years now.
In my experience ive only ever had one issue. A wrong colour Rear mech. I needed it that weekend. They offered my exchange it but i have no time. So they gave sent me some discount codes my way. I was fine with this. This was 2 years ago.

Not sure why, but when ever i buy tyres they are sent separately from my main order and have been Express shipped.
I would receive them within days and my other items not long after.
I have also had a few complete orders sent Express when i did not select it. So i had them within a few days.
Only once have i actually selected express myself. All other times i go with free shipping. And have never waited more then about 10 days. Most are less then a week.

Once i thought the order was taking far too long to arrive, so i called the shipping company (DHL i think) they said it should be at my post office. Turns out it had been there for many days but i missed the slip they put under your door when no one is home.

The new website is shocking. Even with a very fast computer and cable internet it is not like the old one.
My History is gone (4years worth) I only have my last 3 orders this year.
It never saves my settings which i hate (list view, 72 items, A to Z etc) and it never saves my login.

I have used TBSM, Wiggle, Jenson and Universal Cycles in the past. Only because CRC did not have the parts.
Wiggle - Sram Type 2 rear mechs when they were first released.
Jenson - Dt Swiss 240 end caps/ axles. Crc does not sell them.
TBSM - Anything Fox.

Im my experience if CRC is not cheaper then wiggle its only $5-10 more. But Wiggle then would charge me for shipping. So it evens out.

I like to shop around all the 3 big sites have different brands. So there is always a good selection.
No reason to be Fan-Boy and hate on another. Or a hipster and not use CRC.
The problems some ppl have had here do seem quite bad. And some a little stretched in the story telling...

I live just out of Sydney btw.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Never had a problem receiving my order, other than the 3 decades it takes for delivery, but I only ordered stuff I wasn't in a hurry for from CRC, it's the new website and its random functionality that has a bug up my arse.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
New site.

IE: 3 minutes to load.
Firefox: Approx 15 seconds.

It has a nice new look, but fark is it slow!!!!!

Edit: After trying to browse around on this new site, I've given up. I think their IT department needs a good speaking to. Time to bust out the backups.

Last edited:

DeBloot

Feeling old
I'm not a fan of the new website either
And all my history being wiped was annoying when I wanted to check the dimensions of a previous item

But I've still ordered from them twice since the new site
The last one arrived last week

I placed the order on a Wednesday arvo
Thursday week a truck pulled up outside my house
Surely it couldn't be my CRC order - but it was

A better outcome than my LBS who said that 'typical Shimano' couldn't get organic pads for my XT's

Last edited: