Chain reaction cycles

teK--

Eats Squid
y are sent separately from my main order and have been Express shipped.
I would receive them within days and my other items not long after.
They have 2 warehouses i believe. Which is annoying if the bulk of the order comes via DHL an the other item comes via Royal Post.

That said 90% of my items come via DHL for free since my orders are for many items and usually bulky.

There is a certain threshold that Wiggle and CRC use to determine if you get free trackable shipping. I have never been able to figure it out. Once a $400 GPS came via regular, untrackable mail (!), and another time I ordered a mudguard $30 it came via DHL.

Flint

Likes Dirt
My last order from CRC took just over 2 weeks to arrive. Apart from that I cant complain to much.

And yes I also hate the new web site.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've never found them to have changed much at all. Sure, the prices have come up a little but everything else is as it was for me. The site is fine for me also, maybe your shitty internet is more your problem than CRC's?
Don't ever forget that it takes longer to get a part that you've ordered through a bike shop that has stock at the Australian distributor than it does to get something from the other side of the world. That was always the case for me in the past when I bothered with bike shops anyway and going on recent purchases in Australia, the delivery system is still insanely shithouse and needs a massive kick in the arse. A horse and carriage would be quicker than the shit we have to put up with here.

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
I just got my CRC order in. Ordered a helmet, gillet and goggles. Helmet came by itself and the other two items were in the same package. I received the dispatched email the day after I placed my order and that's how I found out about how the order was in two seperate packages. Helmet turned up within about a week. The other package turned up in 2 weeks after order. Overall CRC service has been good and I haven't had anything to complain about.

Old Softy

Likes Bikes
Delivery in Aust seems to have picked up. Ordered some stuff from Pushy's on Monday morning and it has just arrived:cheer2:

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
I'm about to do a couple of orders from Wiggle and Merlin. However I always pay for shipping as I am impatient :whip:

drew12341

Likes Bikes
I've used them in the past and they were pretty competitive on price, delivery was within a week. That new site is slow though and prices are definitely more then what they used to be, I'm using Jensen, tbsm and pushys now

Last edited:

Howie1962

Cannon Fodder
Update on my CRC order TNT to post office Box issue.

My order arrived today at my Post office Box. (18 days.)

It has a Royal Mail sticker on it and no sign of anything TNT. Even though the email from CRC said it was sent TNT and, even their customer service thought it was sent TNT, it was posted.

Happy to get my order. Time to fit some new brakes to my old bike.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
From my experience with Wiggle and CRC, royal mail seems to be the best for speed combined with reliability. Have ordered something urgent and paid for express delivery, then ordered something else 2 days later, used free delivery and other packages turned up on the same day, 3 days after the second order. While the express delivery was far from slow, the standard was awesome, I actually received it first as we get an early parcel delivery from AusPost at my work. Only ever use free post option now.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I sent an email to CRC asking about the progress of my order, this is what I got back. Pretty good service, replied in 2 hours.

Thanks for your email.
We are sorry to hear that your order has not arrived yet– we know how much of an inconvenience this can be. Your order has been dispatched to you on the --/--/---- via a Standard Delivery Service.
Just to let you know, it’s not possible to track this service.
There are a couple of things we would ask you to do before we take this matter further. We’d really appreciate it if you could check your parcel hasn’t been left with a neighbour or if a calling card has been left at your address. If you have received a calling card please follow the instructions on this.
If you’ve already checked the above and the parcel still hasn’t arrived after 15 full working days (Monday-Friday) from the date of dispatch, please complete the attached form to confirm to us that your order has been lost in the post.
Please reply to this email including the completed form. Once we have received your completed Lost in Post Declaration we can send a replacement order to you. To allow us to do this, please confirm your full delivery address.
If you need to claim for an order lost in post in future please visit our web site and we can automatically send the claim forms that you need.

Wait and see now....

o.k. no more than 2 minutes late, parcel delivered to door....yay

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
The site is fine for me also, maybe your shitty internet is more your problem than CRC's?
I'm running fiber through to Melbourne Uni, it's not my connection that is the problem. My D/L speeads are mind bogglingly quick.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Doesn't seem to work for me on Chrome either on my laptop.
I have to use my wife's laptop to order from CRC with their new site.

Hoping to get delivery today from an order Thursday last week. My trick is to add something large to the order so it goes via DHL, works every time. Mostly I just add a 1.6 kg tub of drink mix as I use a lot....

Just don't try and get quick service from German sites. I have split an order with a friend from Bike 24, left Germany a month ago and still no sign.....

moorey

call me Mia
My current order is slow coming. First in a while but slowness could just be coincidence. :noidea:

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to use my wife's laptop to order from CRC with their new site.

Hoping to get delivery today from an order Thursday last week. My trick is to add something large to the order so it goes via DHL, works every time. Mostly I just add a 1.6 kg tub of drink mix as I use a lot....

Just don't try and get quick service from German sites. I have split an order with a friend from Bike 24, left Germany a month ago and still no sign.....
ordered heaps from Germany, usually only takes about 2 weeks and usually 'a lot' cheaper than CRC

Vedsy

Likes Dirt
My current order is slow coming. First in a while but slowness could just be coincidence. :noidea:
My current CRC order has been 10 days so far and counting. last few have taken 2 weeks compared to the consistent 4/5 days they always used to. Doesnt really phase me, I expect and accept a wait in exchange for a cash saving. I'm assuming they send orders to similar locations in batches now, as my last two orders, placed just over a week apart both arrived together on the same day two weeks after the first order was placed