Chain reaction cycles

Nick_M2r

Likes Dirt
Ordered on the 1st June, packed and shipped the 2nd, arrived in London Heathrow (LHR) on the 3rd, Singapore 5th and arrived in Australia on the 6th. Then takes 6 friggin days to move it internally... could have rode from Melbourne to Adelaide with it below my arm quicker than these idiots.
I often go for DHL express now if the price is competitive ($25) as a little extra insurance against it taking forever. In the last few orders, it takes roughly 2-3 days to get to Australia. Then when Auspost get it? Who the fuck knows...

One order got to Adelaide within 2 days, then took 4 (yes FOUR) days for Auspost to get it from the DHL office at Adelaide Airport to my home in near the city, a distance of 6km. Needless to say i was not a happy camper when the delivery man arrived....

Just placed another order, and like my last one it has split. The first Parcel (Wheels) was sent via Parcelforce, the second (small parts) sent via Trak My Pak. Im a bit annoyed at this, because i payed for the priority shipping, and only one got sent by it. If its like last time the Trak Pak one takes a lot longer to get here.

Last edited:

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I often go for DHL express now if the price is competitive ($25) as a little extra insurance against it taking forever. In the last few orders, it takes roughly 2-3 days to get to Australia. Then when Auspost get it? Who the fuck knows...

One order got to Adelaide within 2 days, then took 4 (yes FOUR) days for Auspost to get it from the DHL office at Adelaide Airport to my home in near the city, a distance of 6km. Needless to say i was not a happy camper when the delivery man arrived....

Just placed another order, and like my last one it has split. The first Parcel (Wheels) was sent via Parcelforce, the second (small parts) sent via Trak My Pak. Im a bit annoyed at this, because i payed for the priority shipping, and only one got sent by it. If its like last time the Trak Pak one takes a lot longer to get here.
Complain to their customer service dept. They may refund the amount for priority shipping. They're usually pretty good with these things!

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
I usually opt for the DHL, but on this order with a few large items, the cost was a bit prohibitive (~$115)

Time to play the waiting game :yawn:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I don't mind waiting and the free shipping usually makes the order that much sweeter, but if I am in a rush for a part/item I'll go the DHL way.

It's just bloody slack that its made its way across the world in 5-6 days through 4 airports to sit in an Aussie warehouse for a further 6 days before delivery.

My delivery bloke is champ, he even gets a big bottle of JD each X-mas from me. It's not his fault shit doesnt get here, he's just picks it up from the auspost depot when its released for delivery. The slack ass auspost contractor I had before him, had pre written "No one home" cards written up and offloaded at the local PO rather than walk up my steep driveway.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Placed an order Monday late afternoon for a fork, stem and brake adapter.

Stem and brake adapter shipped together, then the fork shipped about an hour later by itself. All DHL.

Set for delivery today.
Hell yeah!

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Basically the same deal here! Order split, big ticket item sent via DHL Express (despite free shipping being selected). Might be the influence of Wiggle coming through.

soontir

Likes Dirt
Placed an order today, just after 5 this afternoon, just received the tracking number for DHL, which I did pay for.
Bloody fast.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Anyone notice that, along with CRC's new (unnecessary) site update... prices of a number of things have skyrocketed along with it?

Suddenly CRC became a little less appealing...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Anyone notice that, along with CRC's new (unnecessary) site update... prices of a number of things have skyrocketed along with it?

Yer, they seem to do that every 12 months, shipping time has probably blown out again too...

Minlak

custom titis
It constantly cycles (get it cycles!) sometimes they are better and sometimes they are worse I just shop around the usual suspects. Their stock levels have fluctuated a big lately too on certain items.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Now isn't a good time! I'm hoping to be building a new bike soon!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Now isn't a good time! I'm hoping to be building a new bike soon!
Yeah, I'm right in the middle of one and was hoping to place an order tomorrow... the front rotor, tyres, rims and valves I'm after are all out of stock, front hub and pedals have increased in price (by up to $30)...

Went over to Jensen then realized our dollar is still rubbish to the USD. Wiggle doesn't have what I want (never do), and bike-discount only have tyres.

It's a hard life.

Last edited:

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
It constantly cycles (get it cycles!) sometimes they are better and sometimes they are worse I just shop around the usual suspects. Their stock levels have fluctuated a big lately too on certain items.
Anyone ever noticed if the fluctuations happen depending on the season? It is the European summer after all, way more people out on bikes, driving up demand - our winter perhaps not the best time to buy?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, I'm right in the middle of one and was hoping to place an order tomorrow... the front rotor, tyres, rims and valves I'm after are all out of stock, front hub and pedals have increased in price (by up to $30)...

Went over to Jensen then realized our dollar is still rubbish to the USD. Wiggle doesn't have what I want (never do), and bike-discount only have tyres.

It's a hard life.
I find wife very underwhelming. I wish to use them more because of the domestic returns facility. But...they have such a limited sporadic range.

It will be a long time before Jenson become an affordable option again sadly.

binner

Hath shat hymself
just fucked!

this is why I don't use CRC anymore, I ordered this on the 5th July and paid priority tracking. I just don't know why I thought I would order from them again, must of been tipsy that nite....
And where the fuck does the last entry come from!!!!! 23/6/15!!!! I ordered on the 5th July !!!!

ohhh , I still don't have the parcel.

TRACKING RESULTS

Tracking Number : 69U212123401****30202
Current Status: Shipment Departed Singapore Hub

Shipment History :

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
13/07/2015 23:30 Shipment Departed Singapore Hub SIN
10/07/2015 03:29 Manifested for Outbound Transportation SIN,
10/07/2015 03:02 Shipment Processed at Singapore Hub SIN,
09/07/2015 12:54 Shipment Departed Origin Country (UK)
08/07/2015 12:54 Customer Data Received
23/06/2015 00:45 Shipment Departed Singapore Hub SIN

hakka

Likes Dirt
this is why I don't use CRC anymore, I ordered this on the 5th July and paid priority tracking. I just don't know why I thought I would order from them again, must of been tipsy that nite....
And where the fuck does the last entry come from!!!!! 23/6/15!!!! I ordered on the 5th July !!!!

ohhh , I still don't have the parcel.
I also have that 23/6 entry on mine, ordered on the 8/7.