Chain reaction cycles

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
looking at my last few orders, its taken between 1 and 3 days to be delivered from the 'departed Singapore hub' entry in the tracking. I would expect you would get it this week Binner. (obviously the correct departed entry not the spurious one!)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
It's annoying enough that most of the things I want seem to be always out of stock when I want to purchase...
Looked at bike24? Their site is actually useable and seem to have more stock than bikediscount.de. Am waiting on a delivery atm so not sure on freight time, but seems comprible to zee other germanz by tracking.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Looked at bike24? Their site is actually useable and seem to have more stock than bikediscount.de. Am waiting on a delivery atm so not sure on freight time, but seems comprible to zee other germanz by tracking.
I've never been on there, I'll take a look now as I'll be wanting to place an order for some goodies after work tomorrow.

Pffffft, it's all a lottery once it leaves the country of origin. And comes down to a coin toss once the local numpties take charge.
I've never had DHL take longer than 4 days.
In some cases it has taken only 3.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Zee problem is zee conversion rate with the Euro, our dollar is worth almost half.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Bike24 have amazing prices on ultra high end gear and lots of rare stuff.

Their shipping is fairly expensive and slow.

As for whining about CRC delivery times...

Get over it. It depends on the mail supplier, not CRC.

Option B... pay more and get it off the shelf at your LBS

But wait...your LBS probably doesn't have stock because they're used to everyone ordering online

Flow-Rider

Burner
And it's still cheaper than CRC for just about every item I looked at...

Overall, if they don't jib ya on shipping costs it might save me a couple hundred bucks.
Zaktly, £ sterling is a lot worse than the €.
Not the things I looked at (RockShox Reverb Stealth) and then depending on what you use, you get slumped with conversion fees. Some things are cheaper some are a lot more.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Complete bike purchase

Hey y'all,
Has anyone got any experiences they can share regarding complete bikes on CRC and any further fees/taxes to expect coming into the country?
Let's say the bikes price on the site is $4000 and they want $200 shipping after that. Does that figure include any other taxes that might come along because it is over $1000 or should I be expecting more costs at customs etc?
Cheers.

Minlak

custom titis
Hey y'all,
Has anyone got any experiences they can share regarding complete bikes on CRC and any further fees/taxes to expect coming into the country?
Let's say the bikes price on the site is $4000 and they want $200 shipping after that. Does that figure include any other taxes that might come along because it is over $1000 or should I be expecting more costs at customs etc?
Cheers.
More costs all bikes are priced NOT taking into account local taxes. Unless you can get them to split send the bike in 4 smaller packages worth less than $1000 each you will have top pay tax here on top.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From memory the gst on imports also applies to larger items broken down into small separate parcels less than 1000 each.

loc81

Likes Dirt
More costs all bikes are priced NOT taking into account local taxes. Unless you can get them to split send the bike in 4 smaller packages worth less than $1000 each you will have top pay tax here on top.
Thanks- I thought as much!
I'm looking at all sorts of bikes/brands/options right now. I'm not in a great rush so I'll see what info I can find out on these taxes and crunch numbers. There's some nice bikes around that Australia has either no stock or no supplier and these avenues have to be explored.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Thanks- I thought as much!
I'm looking at all sorts of bikes/brands/options right now. I'm not in a great rush so I'll see what info I can find out on these taxes and crunch numbers. There's some nice bikes around that Australia has either no stock or no supplier and these avenues have to be explored.
YT pricing includes all local taxes.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone notice that, along with CRC's new (unnecessary) site update... prices of a number of things have skyrocketed along with it?

Suddenly CRC became a little less appealing...
Yes - definitely gone up, I just pretend its so they can pay Sam Hill :noidea: .. I still buy stuff from them - but nowhere near as much as I used too. I don't give a rats where I buy from now - Pushys - T7 - CRC - Merlin .. Surf the net as we all do.. best price wins.. I work too fucken hard for the money I earn ( I have a shovel and an electric eel on the back of my work ute :violin: .. Cheers

Last edited:

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Hey y'all,
Cheers.
I was charged 12% of the listed insured value on an engagement ring at customs.

Mates have had bikes shipped before and had the retailler put WARRANTY REPLACEMENT on the manifesto but someone like CRC is unlikely to do that