Chain reaction cycles

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Placed an order with CRC on the weekend, choose DHL express delivery.

Got the followup email saying all items dispached and the tracking info but the DHL tracking hasnt changed since then it simply reads:

1. Shipment information recieved - Belfast UK at 2pm. That was on the 16th.

Has anyone else had the tracking fail to update, does this sound like there is a problem or that the package is still on its way but the tracking isnt working?

Travis.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Placed an order with CRC on the weekend, choose DHL express delivery.

Got the followup email saying all items dispached and the tracking info but the DHL tracking hasnt changed since then it simply reads:

1. Shipment information recieved - Belfast UK at 2pm. That was on the 16th.

Has anyone else had the tracking fail to update, does this sound like there is a problem or that the package is still on its way but the tracking isnt working?

Travis.
Happens quite a bit, with various retailers. Had a package bikediscount.de and received an email saying my delivery would be done on that day. A full 15 days after it actually arrived.

You'll probably find it'll update when it arrives in country. I wouldn't be too concerned.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thing I'm hating most about DHL at the moment, not sure on the actual delivey method, jsut coming out of EU with DHL, but when arriving here, switches over to austpost... will take 2 days to get from there to here, but then at least a week (usually 2) to get from sydney (or wherever) down to tassie.

stirk

Burner
Thing I'm hating most about DHL at the moment, not sure on the actual delivey method, jsut coming out of EU with DHL, but when arriving here, switches over to austpost... will take 2 days to get from there to here, but then at least a week (usually 2) to get from sydney (or wherever) down to tassie.
Give aust post a break they need to process your parcel through customs.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Thanks Knuckles for the reply.

I felt bad but in the end i decided to email CRC tonight and query the matter.

They were prompt to reply that they would chase up DHL and a couple hours later they emailed me back saying that my package had infact not been collected. They offered a refund or to schedule a new delivery of my purchases...

It is what it is, ive just asked they resend the stuff. Shame its sat somewhere for 4 days without anyone noticing.

Thanks again guys, hopefully by the end of next week it will be in my hands.

Travis.

for anyone who's looked at this thread and jumped straight to the last page and wanting an option of chain reaction, i recently brought pedals shoes and gloves and got express shipping from chain retain and the gear was at my door step within 5 days!!! i was stoked, but in saying that i did pay a little more for express shipping but it was well worth it to have the gear just before second round of VDHS
hope this is of some help

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Has anyone noticed they dont stock many helmets? I went looking today, and there was bugger all selection. They used to carry hundreds... :noidea:

cobba

Likes Dirt
Has anyone noticed they dont stock many helmets? I went looking today, and there was bugger all selection. They used to carry hundreds... :noidea:
Probably has something to do with your country location and that helmets used in Australia need to conform to certain standards.

Select your country location as the UK and there will be hundreds of helmets to choose from.

Last edited:

ajay

Probably has something to do with your country location and that helmets used in Australia need to conform to certain standards.

Select your country location as the UK and there will be 134 helmets to choose from.
Ahh thanks mate!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Select your country location as the UK and there will be 134 helmets to choose from.
Will they still post it to Australia though?

ajay

I just added a fox flux to my cart, proceeded all the way to confirming my order. Just to see if it would allow it. It seems to. I've got a big order to put through soon so I'll see what happens then.

cobba

Likes Dirt
I just added a fox flux to my cart, proceeded all the way to confirming my order. Just to see if it would allow it. It seems to. I've got a big order to put through soon so I'll see what happens then.
Is your country location Australia?

cobba

Likes Dirt
I changed it to UK so I could add the helmet, but all my shipping details are Australia. I suppose I could just email them:)
Notice that delivery info box in the shopping cart that gives delivery options to the UK only and can't be changed to any other country?

If you select the UK as the delivery country, the prices will automatically be UK prices which are 19% more.

Last edited:
They don't sell any Fox stuff to Australia anymore. I assume it's because Fox has told them to knock it off, something to do with regional sales branches.
I know that the same thing happens when buying MX gear from the states, they won't ship certain brands to Australia.

For example, change the location to Ireland or something and you'll see all the Fox gear, change it back to Australia and it disappears.

loc81

Likes Dirt
Long time subscriber to this thread- so much so that I can't remember why!
Advise for any newbies would be:
- If going free delivery, order on a Thursday. My experience is that with the poms 11 hours behind, that gives them a little time to process order and get it in the air before the weekend.
- I mostly pay the $20 for postage. You've usually saved more than enough money shopping with CRC so paying for a quicker time and tracking for so little coin is fine by me.
- good example of these points is last weeks order. CRC site said to order by Thursday 17th, along with $25 deluxe shipping to arrive before Xmas. Thought I'd miss the deadline but regardless, I ordered 2pm Friday. Hey presto, it arrived this morning. Plenty of time now to wrap the wife's present!

dognamedzephyr

Cannon Fodder
Long time subscriber to this thread- so much so that I can't remember why!
Advise for any newbies would be:
- If going free delivery, order on a Thursday. My experience is that with the poms 11 hours behind, that gives them a little time to process order and get it in the air before the weekend.
- I mostly pay the $20 for postage. You've usually saved more than enough money shopping with CRC so paying for a quicker time and tracking for so little coin is fine by me.
- good example of these points is last weeks order. CRC site said to order by Thursday 17th, along with $25 deluxe shipping to arrive before Xmas. Thought I'd miss the deadline but regardless, I ordered 2pm Friday. Hey presto, it arrived this morning. Plenty of time now to wrap the wife's present!
That is impressive. I cheaped out and went with free shipping. Order on the 8th... and still nothing... Keep looking out the window every time i hear a car:frusty: