Chain reaction cycles

crim 87

Likes Dirt
anyone had any dramas ordering from CRC ?? i ordered some stuff about 3 weeks ago still hasn't shown up ?? spoke to tnt in the uk and they said nothing had been sent to australia also thought it was very strange CRC didn't provide me with a tracking number ??

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
CRC are absolute crap nowadays, websites crap, websites slow, prices aren't as competitive as they use to be (you can get cheaper prices on Wiggle and ebay now) and they've stopped providing tracking numbers whilst wiggle still does. They've also completely wiped the purchase history from your account so you can't check what you've previously bought. As someone whose spent close to $10k there, you don't feel very special as a customer when they just completely forget about your order history.

I recently had an order go missing and they weren't that helpful. They wanted me to wait 30 business days (6 working weeks) for a refund, so I waited for an order to arrive for 4 weeks, then I'm forced to wait another 2 weeks before I get my money back. Doesn't seem that bad for small order but imagine if you placed a $1,000 order and had to wait 6 weeks before you could get your money back.

I'm grateful for how awesome they use to be, I'm either going local, wiggle or ebay from now on, CRC have lost my cash monies.

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
CRC are absolute crap nowadays, websites crap, websites slow, prices aren't as competitive as they use to be (you can get cheaper prices on Wiggle and ebay now) and they've stopped providing tracking numbers whilst wiggle still does. They've also completely wiped the purchase history from your account so you can't check what you've previously bought. As someone whose spent close to $10k there, you don't feel very special as a customer when they just completely forget about your order history.

I recently had an order go missing and they weren't that helpful. They wanted me to wait 30 business days (6 working weeks) for a refund, so I waited for an order to arrive for 4 weeks, then I'm forced to wait another 2 weeks before I get my money back. Doesn't seem that bad for small order but imagine if you placed a $1,000 order and had to wait 6 weeks before you could get your money back.

I'm grateful for how awesome they use to be, I'm either going local, wiggle or ebay from now on, CRC have lost my cash monies.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that doesn't like the new website.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
new website, looks good, works crap.
I have an order on the way and got an order 2 weeks ago within the week...so I guess it jsut depends on what you buy?

I did hear a rumour(of a rumour) that crc was being bought out...dunno how true...

maybe they just over extended them selves int he last year or so when they tried to take over the world.

oriion

Likes Dirt
wiggle beats them on almost every item, by a considerable amount.

Their new website is clunky and sucks more than George Michael in a public toilet.

Brett

Likes Dirt
I'm waiting on some stuff as well. Got the shipping confirmation on the 24th ... still nothing.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Can't even search for items, had to browse through the entire store to find what I was after then wouldn't let me check out. CRC can dine from moorey's fabled bag 'o...:yell:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
wiggle beats them on almost every item, by a considerable amount.

Their new website is clunky and sucks more than George Michael in a public toilet.
Haha, pass that on to Rob Warner for next years WC commentary!

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Yep, sucks the big one.

Wiggle have better prices, nicer CS staff, better return policy (local AU) and an easier to navigate website. Die in a fire CRC.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
Did you get an email from CRC stating that your order had been posted?
yes of course i did and they want me to wait 15 working days till it arrives and if it doesn't then fill out a form and after that who knows how long it will be what a load of S@#$ if you ask me how can they charge you for items that haven't even been sent. Don't buy anything from them !!!!

Hyped

Likes Bikes
Yeah I've also found CRC pretty good. Wiggle doesn't quite have the range of parts but probably a better accessories selection. Items sometime arrive in multiple parcels but generally I've never had to wait longer than a week for delivery.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Also no issues with CRC for me. Put an order in today so will see what happens with this one.

I haven't lost all my previous order info either from my login.

New website is hardwork tho!

teK--

Eats Squid
Long time happy customer of CRC their customer service is always excellent they have always offered reasonable solutions to issues.

I too hate their new website; I think a lot of their user reviews went missing in the process which doesn't help when deciding whether to buy something. (Wiggle are awesome in that respect with their review and rating system).

I still have plenty of purchase history available; only back to the start of 2013 though (goes to show how much I order haha). It is definately annoying not being able to lookup the size or spec of something I ordered 2 years ago though.

Re ordering something $1K and having to wait for it to be acknowledged as missing before they reship or refund... an order of that value they would typically use DHL tracked. I notice they don't use Parcel Force anymore (except for really big items like wheels?) which is a great move.

CRC are good for workshop supplies and obscure technical parts whereas Wiggle really skimp on that aspect.