Chain reaction cycles

riddy

Squid
Worst is when it's a three week wait for the final part needed to complete a build, after you've already waited a few weeks to get all the main bits together.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Worst is when it's a three week wait for the final part needed to complete a build, after you've already waited a few weeks to get all the main bits together.
I'm waiting on my Pikes to turn up in the country for my new spitfire build, it's been over a month and I have everything else waiting here gathering dust. sadfaces

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
you guys are contacting CRC about this yeah ?

They claim their standard delivery (the free or $10 one) is 4-8 days, excluding holidays and weekends.
Surely they can't just say it's not their problem because TNT is about as useful as a rat turd.

teK--

Eats Squid
Nothing from CRC has never arrived via TNT for me, most of time it's DHL and I always use the free shipping usually within 3 -4 days to arrive via DHL or 8-10 days royal mail

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
you guys are contacting CRC about this yeah ?

They claim their standard delivery (the free or $10 one) is 4-8 days, excluding holidays and weekends.
Surely they can't just say it's not their problem because TNT is about as useful as a rat turd.
Yeah, I contacted them and got no response! Have bought at least a $1,000 with of stuff there over a couple if years but they won't be getting shit out of me from now on.

si618

Likes Dirt
Nothing from CRC has never arrived via TNT for me, most of time it's DHL and I always use the free shipping usually within 3 -4 days to arrive via DHL or 8-10 days royal mail
Seems like they changed couriers this year, I used to get stuff within a week (pretty sure it was DHL), but this year it's now 2-3 weeks via TNT.

Bit hard to complain when it's free delivery, but not really a fan of them just leaving my goodies at the front door!

teK--

Eats Squid
Seems like they changed couriers this year, I used to get stuff within a week (pretty sure it was DHL), but this year it's now 2-3 weeks via TNT.

Bit hard to complain when it's free delivery, but not really a fan of them just leaving my goodies at the front door!
maybe it's a regional thing? I have made over 10 orders this year and 2 in last week. provide a work address is best way. Our receptionist probably sick of signing for my shit :)

Gripo

Eats Squid
AFAIR free stuff (pre TNT) was always PF....considering a new contract is in place I can't see it changing.

So spend the voucher/code $s that you've saved on for DHL shipping!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just placed an order for small items but over the $100 to get free shipping. Order processed at 3:15pm today 13/11/13 (for chopsticks) got dispatch notice at 7:30pm.... TNT no tracking, will post up when/if it arrives
Parcel arrived today 2pm 22/11/13 Seems i got a pretty good run 9 days without any tracking. still unsure of who delivered it, it was in a black bag with no company logos or stamps from any courier company, only my address and a sticker from CRC.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered on the 6/11, dispatched same date, finally arrived today 22/11, it was through TNT. I think I'll be buying DHL from now on.

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Well you can forget your troubles with those imperial slugs....

Complained on CRC's facebook and they responded to me within 9 hours. They seem to really hate a public shaming, and have said they're looking into the problems.
Whether they do or not is another question, but as much as i hate FB it gets results. Good luck folks.

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lost the postage lottery on Thursday.
Had a $1040 order, $104 off from the NOVAUS thing, paid $49 for DHL express because I need it all by next weekend. Being a large order it got separated into 2 boxes, and only one box got the DHL i paid for. Then other ended up with ParcelForce. Still awaiting a response to my grumpy email.

Anyone know how many working days ParcelForce takes to get here? Is that the priority tracked option?
The DHL box got shipped on the friday and arrived on the monday, awesome.
The ParcelForce box got shipped on the friday and hasn't even left the UK and the tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday, for fucks sake...

Sent them 2 emails over the past week and no-ones responding. Sent PF an email and they can't tell me anything. I needed it all by this weekend.

camo71

Likes Dirt
Just ordered some ice tech rotors (half price) getting shipped via TNT no tracking , I bought some on eBay which apparently took over 2 weeks to get to via express post , advertised as great condition but look like they had a run in with a 9 inch grinder , hopefully this will be less painfull .
On the doorstep today ...didnt think TNT worked Saturday unless some runs/parcels are subbed out .. oh well ,win , just in time for tomorrows ride .. Ordered 13th Nov and I should mention I had an email saying my order was despatched around 90 minutes after I ordered , so I did pretty well !

Last edited:

tex72

Likes Dirt
I think they may be gearing up for xmas. I ordered some stuff from tbsm last Thursday arvo, delivered that Saturday 8am by Auspost contractor trying to knock my front door down.

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
My order for 15 October 2013 never showed up....

On 11 November they sent out a replacement... still nothing.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ordered a new workstand and a tray to match from CRC a couple of weeks back, after reading this thread i got a tad worried that it would take forever. Although i was quite annoyed they were coming in separate packages, they were both dispatched the same day and had tracking on the stand :)
after 5 business days the stand turned up (free postage, not express), then 3 days later my tool tray rocked up too.

I was very happy with it, but haven't had time to post in here till now.

I might also add that my new work college has just come to Australia, and is working in my bike shop after he worked at Chain Reaction Cycles. so we were discussing it, and why they have slackened off recently. He was telling me that they have gotten so busy, that after trying to dominate the world of bicycles, they have gotten too busy for themselves to handle well, with pretty much lines of trucks and vans waiting for loading bays to clear etc. So that explains some of the slowness in the warehousing.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
ordered a new workstand and a tray to match from CRC a couple of weeks back, after reading this thread i got a tad worried that it would take forever. Although i was quite annoyed they were coming in separate packages, they were both dispatched the same day and had tracking on the stand :)
after 5 business days the stand turned up (free postage, not express), then 3 days later my tool tray rocked up too.

I was very happy with it, but haven't had time to post in here till now.

I might also add that my new work college has just come to Australia, and is working in my bike shop after he worked at Chain Reaction Cycles. so we were discussing it, and why they have slackened off recently. He was telling me that they have gotten so busy, that after trying to dominate the world of bicycles, they have gotten too busy for themselves to handle well, with pretty much lines of trucks and vans waiting for loading bays to clear etc. So that explains some of the slowness in the warehousing.
They should update their delivery information to reflect slower deliver times then. Iris massively frustrating to be waiting twice as long as indicated