Chain reaction cycles

pliskin

Likes Dirt
Placed an order with CRC for a set of new forks and a headset. What I cant understand is not only did they send them as 2 seperate packages, they sent them with 2 different carriers!
quoted from the CRC website We dispatch your goods from multiple warehouses so please be aware that your order may be split into two or three packages and may not arrive together in one delivery.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Still waiting on my order of cranks and pedals... about 12 days so far with TNT.

I think I'll just pay for DHL when I place another order this Friday (cassette, chain and rotor replacements).

Save the lottery for the patient!

I'm almost willing to bet my DHL order will arrive before my TNT order, even though I'll have placed it a full two weeks later. :p

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
My last 2 parcels from CRC did not show up, took over 2 months of farting around before i finally just asked for a refund.

They gave me $30 worth of vouchers, funnily, that order arrived in 3 weeks.

Not ordering from CRC anymore unless the savings are super significant - i find my LBS can almost match prices

Roh1

Squid
quoted from the CRC website We dispatch your goods from multiple warehouses so please be aware that your order may be split into two or three packages and may not arrive together in one delivery.
Thanks for that. Mystery solved !

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The DHL box got shipped on the friday and arrived on the monday, awesome.
The ParcelForce box got shipped on the friday and hasn't even left the UK and the tracking hasn't updated since Tuesday, for fucks sake...

Sent them 2 emails over the past week and no-ones responding. Sent PF an email and they can't tell me anything. I needed it all by this weekend.
Arrived yesterday, damaged. Stoked...

Box was only one layer of cardboard and then a plastic bag over the forks, and they also didn't include a shock pump or all the other stickers and doodads you get with Revelations.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Arrived yesterday, damaged. Stoked...

Box was only one layer of cardboard and then a plastic bag over the forks, and they also didn't include a shock pump or all the other stickers and doodads you get with Revelations.
you dont get a shock pump. i got a manual and a cable tie.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Ouch.
On something expensive like forks, you'd think they'd put in the time to pad out the box a bit.
Especially when it has to travel half way around the world.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Repeat below and stop your agony!!!
Nah, they just need to take a farkin chill pill. Just put an order in at t7 and bike component.de - I am not expecting or needing it next week or the week after for that matter - it is the other side of the fucking planet after all - you couldn't possibly choose somewhere further away than bloody Ireland

Edit - those forks are fucked, I'll give you $200 plus post for them.

shane0

Likes Bikes
Ordered and payed for a new bike on the 20th November and received it ( Via DHL Express ) on the 26th not bad at all. Very happy

jacko69

Likes Dirt
crc and wiggle

I ordered from both crc and wiggle last week - exactly 7 days to canberra for both. Obviously i'm happy with that.

Only once a few years ago did a crc order take several weeks, and it was immediately before xmas i'll admit.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I sent them an email letting them know that if their shipping times start getting unreliable then they will lose orders, they have a good customer base here in Australia and people order because its been quick in the past. I told them about the dealings i have had with TNT before and if they continue to use them people will order elsewhere.

The reply.... (the important bit)

However we confirm our shipping methods to Australia are currently under review.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
So obviously they have been getting a bit of grief over their sporatic postage.

Hope they sort it out because i refuse to order anything from wiggle.

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
CRC charge you $20 & all your goods are here in 4 or 5 days. A lot of the other sites in EUR. charge you 20 euros and it takes 2-6 weeks to get here.

Kingshill

Likes Dirt
I sent them an email letting them know that if their shipping times start getting unreliable then they will lose orders, they have a good customer base here in Australia and people order because its been quick in the past. I told them about the dealings i have had with TNT before and if they continue to use them people will order elsewhere.

The reply.... (the important bit)

So obviously they have been getting a bit of grief over their sporatic postage.

Hope they sort it out because i refuse to order anything from wiggle.
I got asked to complete a survey for CRC last night. The only question was whether I would recommend them to a friend (if I had one). The rating was a 1 to 10. I rated them a six. It then said something along the lines that I must not be happy with them and to select a reason which included delivery time, choice of courier & about 5 others. You can only chose one but it gives you a panel to enter comments. Which I did.

That was all the survey had. So if anyone else gets asked to do the survey I reckon they should do it!

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
ordered some new forumla brakes last night and paid for express dhl, so will see how 'express' it is. Fingers crossed, I want them nooowwwwwwwww :Cry:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Just placed my order for an XT cassette, XT chain, 180mm HS1 rotor, 2lt Fox hydration pack and finally, some Saint pedals for a friend.
Used the $25 off code, selected DHL shipping at $24.99!

Guaranteed 'free' DHL shipping... dayum, surely I can't lose this time, haha.
It's gonna be pretty pathetic if this arrives before my XT crank + Saint pedal order from two weeks ago.

God damn TNT.

Gripo

Eats Squid
Chain reaction cycles ??

Ordered Mon am EDST arrived at LPO am Thr....DHL option for the win!

Would have cost the same Aus$ via AusPost to get it down the east cost of Aus.

it now goes to 11......(spinal tap clue)