Chain reaction cycles

houli77

Likes Dirt
bombs away on merlin order.. keep ya's posted on delivery time..

i'm a merlin virgin after many years of crc... farewell old friend, you've changed... bye.. at least merlin's website allows me to put things in my basket.. and oh wait, they're cheaper!

bought some hope tech 3 e4 brakes and floating rotors which i am v excited about.. been looking for ages and tossing up saints, zee's and hope e4 v v4 blah blah... sometimes i waste so much time looking at shit online i'm better to just buy it and move on, so i did.. it was hope's cnc work and spare parts list and rebuild kits that sold me.. i know all these brakes work well, but shimano just look cheap by comparison to hopes cnc work, and all the rebuild kits and parts available for hope brakes is just straight up awesome. though most of them are on crc oops..

they're for a dh rig (951) replacing some avid elixir r which for a budget brake have served well but i'm noticing i'm hanging off them sometimes to get the braking i need and they are noisy fuckers.. i'm only 75kg and live in bris, not the alps so went for the lesser/lighter/cheaper e3 over the v3.

excited..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Privatization.
This is true. But far out their delivery is fast. Will the privatization of royal mail see the end of crc's free delivery? Or the improvement of their shipping times? If there is anyone left buying from crc in 6 month make a post and let us know.

skinnybeans

Likes Dirt
Chain reaction cycles ??

If you get items shipped from the US using USPS the cost isn't too bad, more than from the UK but certainly not $80 for tyres. I paid $60 for a bmx frame to get shipped here and $40 for some forks and a headset. Still pricy but couldn't get the items from anywhere else!

But using UPS or any other service you will get screwed hard...

lb1

Likes Bikes
Ordered a set of custom wheels for the bike on 18/2 and had them in my hands today, 25/2. That's pretty damn fast! Regular, free post too. Came through Parcel Force, then delivered through Startrack. Tracking was all through Auspost, however.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good on ya AusPost, way to screw up!

Ordered some stuff off CRC last week, choose the free delivery and got DHL shipping, awesome! Package gets sent on Wednesday and arrives in Perth on Saturday. DHL Perth are closed on Monday because of the public holiday, they then ship my package to AusPost to deliver it. Went to my local post office and they say they can't find it, even thou DHL says it's been delivered through the AusPost tracking and I can see it has been delivered but no-one was home when the package was delivered, no card was left in the mailbox either. Either it's been stolen off my doorstep, highly unlikely considering their was a FedEx delivery next to the door, or the driver has just taken it. God it's hard to remain calm when shit like this happens. Now have had to call up DHL and raise a missing package notice with them, even thou it's AusPost who've lost the package....

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Ordered some stuff off CRC last week, choose the free delivery and got DHL shipping, awesome! Package gets sent on Wednesday and arrives in Perth on Saturday. DHL Perth are closed on Monday because of the public holiday, they then ship my package to AusPost to deliver it. Went to my local post office and they say they can't find it, even thou DHL says it's been delivered through the AusPost tracking and I can see it has been delivered but no-one was home when the package was delivered, no card was left in the mailbox either. Either it's been stolen off my doorstep, highly unlikely considering their was a FedEx delivery next to the door, or the driver has just taken it. God it's hard to remain calm when shit like this happens. Now have had to call up DHL and raise a missing package notice with them, even thou it's AusPost who've lost the package....
Why not call Australia post?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper

If it says delivered through aus post tracking then check out in the garden somewhere. My wife was waiting for a package for 2 months before I bothered to look and found it faded and water soaked in the garden behind the fence !

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone been having trouble with CRCs Order history?
I have bought a lot of kit from them over the years, yet it seems to all have been wiped. Last week I made an order, payment was made, yet no email confirmation was received and my order history is still empty.....

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Has anyone been having trouble with CRCs Order history?
I have bought a lot of kit from them over the years, yet it seems to all have been wiped. Last week I made an order, payment was made, yet no email confirmation was received and my order history is still empty.....
Not sure about your most recent order, but they did wipe the order history when they updated there website a few months back. There is a note on your order history which says you can email them if you want details about previous orders no longer shown.

Edit: The note is on the order history header and says:
Orders (New website orders only – Contact customer service for older orders)

My history goes back to Jan 2013, so it's a while back now.

Last edited:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've done that. And got the same thing, they blame DHL, yet they screwed up.
Not CRC related but I had a similar issue with Aus Post, a clip watch I ordered for my Husband was sent express via Aus Post, seemed to take longer than it should, I check online and it's awaiting collection at local Post Office....why the hell didn't we get a slip in the mail box! Being express I expected it would have been left at the door like most of the time (so was keeping an eye out) obviously it must have been a signature required item. If it happens again (not leaving a slip) I'll be complaining. (have only lived in this suburb for maybe 6 months so don't know how good they are yet).

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I have an order coming via ParcelForce that landed in Australia yesterday.

Do they go to AusPost like the DHL packages do?
Just wondering as I'm off work tomorrow, but it's likely it'll be delivered tomorrow (to my workplace).

If it's AusPost that's okay, they will take it to the local PO, but if it's coming via a rando courier or something I don't want to have to dick around to re-organize another delivery.

Just had a look at mountainbikesdirect.

It looks stellar, had a double take on a few prices too. Good stuff.

I'm a long standing crc customer but there's a lot of appeal in buying from Aus

Rid3R13

Likes Dirt

The Prices on somethings are pretty damn good. The range of items/brands is small but slowly getting better. Service and postage time is the best I've experienced thus far from any online store.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Yeah. I've only done one order from mountainbikesdirect but it was here within a couple of days. Their price on enduro bearings was pretty close to RWC in the US.

TKITEZ

Likes Bikes
I have an order coming via ParcelForce that landed in Australia yesterday.

Do they go to AusPost like the DHL packages do?
Just wondering as I'm off work tomorrow, but it's likely it'll be delivered tomorrow (to my workplace).

If it's AusPost that's okay, they will take it to the local PO, but if it's coming via a rando courier or something I don't want to have to dick around to re-organize another delivery.
parcelforce should end up with aus post, anything i've ordered has. :thumb:

rednightmare

Likes Dirt

I've ordered shoes and a helmet from them. Good prices, fast delivery and yeah, a slightly cleaner conscience as they're Australian-based. Recommended.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
I've ordered shoes and a helmet from them. Good prices, fast delivery and yeah, a slightly cleaner conscience as they're Australian-based. Recommended.
Edit: You say you ordered a helmet from them, do they come AS stickered?

Given how long things are taking to arrive from CRC these days (12 working days is becoming pretty standard, thank you Royal Mail), I think from now on I'll be shifting to Aus distributors wherever possible & looking to Mountain Bikes Direct as well. Some things are marginally more expensive, but still great prices & I'd prefer to go local.

If I really wanted to have a clean conscience I guess I'd be buying from my LBS, but I still can't convince myself to pay twice the price for that feel-good moment. Probably because it would be followed shortly after by a much worse moment of pain delivered by the wife for spending to much money.

Last edited: