Chain reaction cycles

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got my Hope hub on Friday and built my wheel on Saturday. Yesterday I received an email from PayPal advising they had reversed the transaction and have refunded my money. Seems CRC hadn’t responded to any of PayPal’s requests for information.

My conscience won’t allow me to say “fuck it” and take the money so I’ve sent an email to crc advising them of the situation. If they choose not to respond, well at least I tried!

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And I received a ‘delivered’ message this morning. Will just need to keep fingers crossed that my better half sees fit to complete the final part of the process and doesn’t stash said delivery where I will never find it.

takai

Eats Squid
I got my Hope hub on Friday and built my wheel on Saturday. Yesterday I received an email from PayPal advising they had reversed the transaction and have refunded my money. Seems CRC hadn’t responded to any of PayPal’s requests for information.

My conscience won’t allow me to say “fuck it” and take the money so I’ve sent an email to crc advising them of the situation. If they choose not to respond, well at least I tried!
This happened to me a year ago on a full wheel set. I ended up with a wheelset for free in the end, CRC eventually messaged back about 5 weeks later and said 'all yours'

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This happened to me a year ago on a full wheel set. I ended up with a wheelset for free in the end, CRC eventually messaged back about 5 weeks later and said 'all yours'
I ended up with an extra set of $110 bars about 12 months ago, i told them about it, they said they’ll organise a pick up but I’d have to be there to sign for it. Courier never turned up!

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ordered a new saddle and it arrived in 5 days. I was dubious about how long it might take after hearing a bunch of negative experiences lately but can't complain about 5 days from the UK

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

safreek

Just rub it in eh, I don't care if they are quick now, I know I won't buy off them again. Still recon the pricks should of offered a discount for a next order after 1 month of waiting

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Just rub it in eh, I don't care if they are quick now, I know I won't buy off them again. Still recon the pricks should of offered a discount for a next order after 1 month of waiting
Maybe they didn't want to encourage you to come back ?

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
It's just pot luck unfortunately.

One or more incompetent people interact with your order and it goes downhill.

I had a package lost last year. They refunded all of it and gave me a $20 voucher.

teK--

Eats Squid
Ordered a fairly unremarkable order just over $100 the other week. They shipped via DHL Express and it was here 3 days later... Not sure if that is a sign of them offering better shipping (occasionally) ?

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered a couple of 203mm brake rotors and a hub on the 14th, and they arrived today which is a reasonable turnaround.

Unfortunately the moron who packed it decided that a box big enough for the items was unnecessary and jammed the rotors in, bent over the hub and forcing the sides of the box to protrude. Needless to say they didn’t make it to me straight.

No bubble wrap or any other packaging inside the box either.

Trying to save a couple of dollars on postage at the expense of items actually arriving fit for purpose.

Hopefully will get a refund, learn my lesson and spend the extra $10 I saved at MTB Direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk