Chain reaction cycles

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
Anyone noticed the weird shipping pricing going on at CRC? I don’t ever order under the free delivery limit, but noticed a Shimano XT BB wanted $77 to ship. Similar on some other parts.

Also, the Shimano parts from my last order still haven’t shipped after 5 days....

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anyone noticed the weird shipping pricing going on at CRC? I don’t ever order under the free delivery limit, but noticed a Shimano XT BB wanted $77 to ship. Similar on some other parts.

Also, the Shimano parts from my last order still haven’t shipped after 5 days....
Just checked with a set of brake pads and it's the same price as usual for me.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I think the freight companies are getting greedier.
Just got an English seller to price sending a frame to Australia, use to be $50 to 100 now about $300 just like the stupid Americans.
Privatisation of the postal service =another neoliberal failure.
It seems that larger items will get more difficult to send anywhere except by bulk shipping which is good for the local stores.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
I think the freight companies are getting greedier.
Just got an English seller to price sending a frame to Australia, use to be $50 to 100 now about $300 just like the stupid Americans.
Privatisation of the postal service =another neoliberal failure.
It seems that larger items will get more difficult to send anywhere except by bulk shipping which is good for the local stores.
Has your vendor tried Parcel monkey?. Use when posting from my mums place. Always got good rats

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Microshift. Doesn't seem to be much on the internerd about them, someone's gotta be the first!
Looks like it could be a winner for the in-laws bike at least. Although I'd be willing to at least give the M865M a go to see if it holds up.
$47 USD shipping though.... might have to buy more than 1 thing at a time from there.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Looks like it could be a winner for the in-laws bike at least. Although I'd be willing to at least give the M865M a go to see if it holds up.
$47 USD shipping though.... might have to buy more than 1 thing at a time from there.
Worldwide Cyclery has them, shipping around $22 USD for der and shifter combo to Hobart. I've used Worldwide for a few things and they're stuff has arrived quickly with no dramas.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
dynamited---- they tried Parcel Monkey it wasnt much better thanks.
Strangely or not as on line shopping gets more popular, the postage rates go up too.
I used to buy tools from USA 10-15 years ago , exchange rates have varied but postage no problem , I wouldnt think of it now and UK is getting bad too.
I suppose market forces will apply here, so there will be either more private shippers to compete or on line shopping for bulky stuff will stabilise out.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Cyclingdeal do Microshift, but don't seem to have the 11 speed in stock. I emailed them to see if they'd be getting it in...
Well English doesn't seem to be a strong suit via the email at Cyclingdeal.

After 4 attempts I'm still not sure if they're going to stock the 11 speed stuff. I'll dig more into it when the time comes....

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Got an email asking me to review the big basket of shimano stuff I got in before shimano-jack.

If you've purchased shimano stuff it's a good idea to bump up the outrage here because people do read these reviews and comments. I have gone light on crc however, because imo it's less their fault really and plus they actually posted my review lol.