chainless?

sammeh

Likes Dirt
does anyone actually ride chainless + brakeless? I usally ride brakless but then my chain snapped...crossing the road...can anyone clear all the jumps riding chainless at h'n'd? i can only just clear the 2nd with extreem pumping efforts...How do people not pedal and clear all 3?

meelen dh

Likes Dirt
Your kidding, you cant/shouldnt ride without a chain *fullstop*.
It make your legs and stuff to floppy haha.

RONEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it is not the advised form of bike to be riding on jumps. chainless or freecoaster is usualy set aside for street as fakies/sliders etc are a very street thing... i only know of pato being the only one to clear all 3 doubles chainless.. correct me if im wrong.

dh damo

Likes Dirt
If you pump really hard you will clear all three easy, i see guys not pedal at them all the time..

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been riding my bmx chainless for about three months, the only reason I just put a chain back on is to sell it, and you shouldn't have a issue with the pedals spinning of you have the pedal control of a six year old ;)

patto_15

Wheel size expert
does anyone actually ride chainless + brakeless? I usally ride brakless but then my chain snapped...crossing the road...can anyone clear all the jumps riding chainless at h'n'd? i can only just clear the 2nd with extreem pumping efforts...How do people not pedal and clear all 3?
Hey mate, i used to ride chainless and brakeless for quite a while, now just brakeless..

I was able to clear all 3 at HnD brakeless and trick them also, its not hard what so ever. I can make all three with out a chain from the seats where everyone starts from. No bitch kicks or feet on the ground, just roll and pump.

I was still able to no foot can, invert and tuck the 3rd chainless. Just pump the landings alot for speed and lift off from the kickers.. If you can make the first with out a chain, you can make the whole lot ;)

Stack Shack

Likes Dirt
hey

I had no chain on the bmx for a few weeks, it really helps with the whole pumping thing and by the end of the few weeks i could hit stuff that i could not do earlier. It just takes the bike down to its simplest form.

bellsy

Likes Dirt
Lol, you cant pump with a chain?!?!

P.S. A bike in its simplest form still has a method of drive... Otherwise your all riding scooters.

Kezza dawG

Likes Dirt
hey man.
i had my bmx brakeless and chainless for a good 6months and only put the chain back on because i broke the stp and needed some transport.
it takes a little while to get used to it but once your used to it it is so much fun.
i have a challenge for anyone that rides brakeless/chainless.
tire tap a quarter.
then step it up and go tap to foot jam.
its all about the balance baby.

haha
ps. i wana see pics/vids as proof.
i only got one or 2 of each after a good hour and a half of trying.

.Alex.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think chainless defeats the purpose of a bike all together, just my opinion thoe

i ride hillendale lots, i always go to the top of the grass hill and do runs with no pedaling, there fairly easy to do with no chain

DirtParkStreet

Likes Dirt
who cares? it can be done, and by some people done well!

watch liam fahy hampton ride, guy f*ckin shreds a bike without a chain, prety sure he flaired to fakie one of the hnd hips too.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Chainless really shows bike control and skill. I was able to tire tap with out a chain, and with out brakes, while some struggle to do that with both..

Liam over flaired to fakie, so more than 180 degree..

Haha, people that complain about chainless and can't respect it obviously can't ride properly themselves..

Hell, i sometimes ride downhill chainless and still do much better than most.

Its all about bike control ;)

(though, everytime i've been chainless, its been because of bent frames, broken chains, derailers and hangers ;) )

sammeh

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, i used to ride chainless and brakeless for quite a while, now just brakeless..

I was able to clear all 3 at HnD brakeless and trick them also, its not hard what so ever. I can make all three with out a chain from the seats where everyone starts from. No bitch kicks or feet on the ground, just roll and pump.

I was still able to no foot can, invert and tuck the 3rd chainless. Just pump the landings alot for speed and lift off from the kickers.. If you can make the first with out a chain, you can make the whole lot ;)
yeah I can make the first and second but the third i can't seem to? I squash the first, pump the landing then boost the second and pump the landing but always case the 3rd? I always see bmx do it but not me!

sammeh

Likes Dirt
I did all 3 chainless, from a little above the seats with 2 kicks to start going down the hill...no kicks on the concrete, the problem was I was running 20psi and 30 psi, at 60psi I have no trouble clearing them !