chainring size

dick

Likes Dirt
andrew said:
44-18 singlespeed
44:18 thats pretty high. no wonder ur bikes not wheeliablable.
is it right for jumping and shit? with a 38 or 40 u might be able to wheelie.

dick

Likes Dirt
looseunit said:
I run 38 royal chainring on freeride HT with a 32-11 cluster. I find it the perfect size for juat about everthing esp DJ.
loose unit, do u find that ur 38tooth is too small or big for dirtjumping? i reakon 36 would be pretty perfect for djing

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ty said:
bikeman_baldrik said:
I run a Blackspire 38 tooth chain ring with a Shimano Dura-Ace road 12-15 tooth cassette and Dura-Ace rear mech. I think this is perfect for all round riding, high enough to go up, and low enough to go fast.
4 speed DA cassette? i think 12-25 is more realistic
Thanx for that correction, 12-25 is correct, just a typo there

looseunit

Likes Dirt
loose unit, do u find that ur 38tooth is too small or big for dirtjumping? i reakon 36 would be pretty perfect for djing
Before getting the 38 i was worried that it would be to small for DJ and general riding, but it is perfect. I have tried to use a 24 before and found it far to low dont know about a 36. If i was running a freeride bike and riding up hill i would run a 34-11 with a chain guide and 38t, lets face it the granny ring on most bikes is only a bail out gear. I find it the perfect spread of gears on everthing apart from DH.

G

oi man check out the date of the last post.... it was in fkn june :roll: read before you post things man for christ sakes :roll: