Chainsaw advice....

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Just rename the forum Chainburn and we're covered regardless.

PS: @born-again-biker - I hope you're all over the "AU falcons doing incredible things" facebook page.
Haha.
Not long after I bought my glorious AU ute, a mate at work told me about that FB page.
So ugly, yet so incredible

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Sounds like a score Moorey on the new to you saw, best of all you didnt have to buy it from ‘that’ dealer.

If i could ask, slight change of topic but do any of you guys run a ride on mower? Whats the best value? Husky’s any good? Moving shortly and will have approx 1/4acre worth of grass to mow, thinking just a little one, but with a catcher. Or just get a new self propelled mower?

Travis.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Sounds like a score Moorey on the new to you saw, best of all you didnt have to buy it from ‘that’ dealer.

If i could ask, slight change of topic but do any of you guys run a ride on mower? Whats the best value? Husky’s any good? Moving shortly and will have approx 1/4acre worth of grass to mow, thinking just a little one, but with a catcher. Or just get a new self propelled mower?

Travis.
Just get one of these ya sook

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Just get one of these ya sook

Probably be more relyable given the number of not working second hand rideons for sale online, but im already moving another 15-20minutes further away from my ‘local’ trails so i need to score back some time somewhere!

I did think about welding some old forks onto my current 30odd year old briggs and stratton so i could hook up a mtb behind it, but its been on its last legs for the passed 13years. Thankfully all its had to do is mow the huge 4mX3m townhouse lawn.

Skydome

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it's nice having a big chainsaw but for most jobs a good 16 or 18 inch at biggest will suffice.

When I had that tree come down and block access i got a mate (Who does lots of tree felling) come down with his 20-24 inch one (I can't remember exact size) to cut out a chunk of it so I could get easier access at least, but he also has one of those really big ass ones which iirc he said was 36-40 inches or something.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Probably be more relyable given the number of not working second hand rideons for sale online, but im already moving another 15-20minutes further away from my ‘local’ trails so i need to score back some time somewhere!

I did think about welding some old forks onto my current 30odd year old briggs and stratton so i could hook up a mtb behind it, but its been on its last legs for the passed 13years. Thankfully all its had to do is mow the huge 4mX3m townhouse lawn.
Ride-on mowers are silly money when you look at what they are. But I guess they're a niche.
If you're half handy at fixing things you could prolly save a ton buying a broken one that needs a few days spent on it....?

Travis22

Likes Dirt
I did ponder buying one that needed fixing up, then when i go searching for information re: model ‘x’ there seemed to be endless complaints and issues and thought i dont want to buy something that i need to spend time working on it with any sort of frequency ... Then again maybe a lot of the broken ones have had a pretty tough life, mowing paddocks etc maybe, or commercial use?

Was hoping for something in the 2-3k range, maybe a stretch more for a little husky etc, still pondering a self propelled mower but they arent cheap either, if the self propelled is say 1500 and a ride on 2000-2500 then i think the ride on could be worth it for the time saved?

Travis.

Cardy George

Is not in gaol
We've got a little Rover Ride-on that's done a good job on our acre that's probably 2/3 grass over the last couple of years. It was somewhere around $2200 from the local Stihl Shop