Change! Horrible, insufferable change!

Ryan

Radministrator
As you may have noticed a horrible tragedy has befallen us this festive season, turning what should be a joyous and wonderful occasion into a ceaseless cesspool of human misery and despair.

That's right; the colour scheme and layout of the forum has changed slightly. May the Lord have mercy on us all.

Now, before you go getting your knickers in a twist and posting about how it is totally unacceptable for this free, volunteer run service to do anything at all without first consulting you personally, let alone something that you find disagreeable do this.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the bit where it says "Powered by VBulletin Version 4.0.0" Specifically the "4.0.0" part. That's there because as a Christmas gift to us all, Scott has updated the site to the latest version of VBulletin. The hideous visage that now greets you upon opening up the forums is nothing more than the default skin that came with the upgrade. Over time, it will be modified to something more Rotorburn-esque. This isn't happening immediately because, well, it's fricken' Christmas.

So suck it up, dry your eyes and Merry Christmas to all! ;)

Drew.

Eats Squid
Oh, Ryan gets called in to do the dirty work.

look at these smilies dude:
:(:p;):D

SRSLY! how can i work with this?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Change is hard, but as in the past since we all have short memories we'll cope quite well. Can anyone remember what the site was called before farkin ? :)

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Knowing what an ugly, horrid beast phpBB is to work with, I feel your pain. Thanks for doing the update, and the squawking and moaning will cease, very very soon.

Conspiracy theory time: Farkin to Rotorburn on April Fools Day, update on Xmas Day - what awaits us on New Years Day?

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
well at least we got an explanation this time.

Is there a skin to make it look like the original?

EDIT: btw where do i go for the "user CP" i think it was called? i use to always click that to see the threads i was subscribed to

Last edited:

AndySTi

Likes Dirt
well at least we got an explanation this time.

Is there a skin to make it look like the original?

EDIT: btw where do i go for the "user CP" i think it was called? i use to always click that to see the threads i was subscribed to
Click on the "Settings" button near the top right-hand corner of your screen, then in the left hand column, there should be a box titled subscriptions.

Last edited:

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I actually kinda like it :)

Merry Christmas and thanks to the Rotorburn crew for keeping the website such an awesome place, it is very much appreciated.

U.D.O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks alright, it'll grow on me. But for the moment i'm so lost.

Currently my only complaint is the line between the actually post content and the sig is too hard to see, so I keep reading peoples sigs thinking there part of the post and being left quite confused.
Scott, is it possible to change the colour to something that contrasts a bit more? Or am I asking a bit much? :D

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just found out an awesome new feature: Insert Video!

nothing special for youtube but for vimeo it's great:D

heres a test [video=vimeo;7533088]http://www.vimeo.com/7533088[/video]

ido09s

Likes Dirt
Gotta say initial thoughts are yuck! But as has been said works are in progress and change is inevitable!

However, do we have some way of having a reply to the post button at the bottom, or a quick reply like previous. Also are we able to get a date the reply was posted as i hate bumping old posts