Chase the Sun MTB series

sossy

Saucier
Just checked out the Full Gas Promotions website, entries seem to have opened for the Chase the Sun Series.

If last years series is anything to go by, will be huge!!! Good $$$ up for the elite guys, masses of spot prizes and schwag were given away last year, can't wait.

Anyone else planning on doing any / all of the series? I'm already locked in!'

Should organise a "fastest farker" comp for each of the rounds, whoever gets fastest lap time gets bragging rights, elite guys excluded, you can have your own race!

Who is in???

Info at www.fullgaspromotions.com.au

Last edited:

mushroom

Likes Dirt
I won't be the fastest farker, but I'll be in for sure!

As an aside, some sections of Lysterfield are still recovering/damaged from last year's series (I think redgum or middle track is the worst). Are the diversions around rutted sections 'official'? Are event organisers responsible for trail maintenance after events?

slow_xc_racer

Likes Bikes
I was at Lysterfield last night and the trails need some work. Full Gas would be well advised to have a working bee there in conjunction with the park authorities. It was awful after last years series...

MTB_KAT

Likes Dirt
I will be doing them all, I am doing the first round solo, will be my first solo race but it's only 5 hours so hopefully can last the distance.

I definitely will not even be close to being the fastest farker out there so you can count me out.

I ride Lysterfield a fair bit and the trails are definitely in need of some maintainence.

Should be fun, looking forward to it!

akashra

Eats Squid
I was at Lysterfield last night and the trails need some work. Full Gas would be well advised to have a working bee there in conjunction with the park authorities. It was awful after last years series...
We bought this up at the last Peddlers committee meeting, but the short version is ultimately Parks/the rangers will work with the community groups and clubs when something is to be done..
Lately <snipped> Red Gum <snipped> [is] clearing up now and getting a bit better.
m going to check with snozza tomorrow whether they might want us to go around and smooth out trails if it's muddle like last time immediately after the event finish, to prevent ruts forming and drying in - but ultimately it depends on Parks.

I meant to check out the M2006 course yesterday afternoon when I was out there, as I hear some of that is in real bad shape.

I'll be at all four rounds, bones staying together permitting ... at this stage it's a 75% chance I'll be doing the series in a mixed pair, but still waiting on confirmation.

Last edited:

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should organise a "fastest farker" comp for each of the rounds, whoever gets fastest lap time gets bragging rights, elite guys excluded, you can have your own race!
Aww, that's no fair. Maybe we need two, fastest mortal farker and fastest elite nutter? :). I'd base it on the average of your fastest two laps each round.

sossy

Saucier
at this stage it's a 75% chance I'll be doing the series in a mixed pair, but still waiting on confirmation.
You found a guy to ride with???

Ha ha, damn Im funny...

Seriously though Tim, who you looking at racing with?

slow_xc_racer

Likes Bikes
I will be doing them all, I am doing the first round solo, will be my first solo race but it's only 5 hours so hopefully can last the distance.

I definitely will not even be close to being the fastest farker out there so you can count me out.

I ride Lysterfield a fair bit and the trails are definitely in need of some maintainence.

Should be fun, looking forward to it!
The way your destroyed the field at The Gut Full should give you confidence.

Hopefully most of the rock garden is out of play. Its very bumpy and not enjoyable. The top of the climb on the M2006 course is very sketchy at speed. I might take a rake up there soon.

akashra

Eats Squid
Hopefully most of the rock garden is out of play. Its very bumpy and not enjoyable. The top of the climb on the M2006 course is very sketchy at speed. I might take a rake up there soon.
I'm told the rock garden was redone the other week by indy contractors, and is now in much better condition - but I'm 98% sure it won't be included in any CTS course. CTS isn't intended to be that level of event.

With the rake, take the rake down to the bottom descent while you're at it - at round 4 of CTS last year I got clipped and sent skidding across the grass coming down that deep sketchy gravel. Very easy to do.

I'm surprised gravel would form at the top section.

Snozza

Full Gas Promotions
PV @ Lysterfield always welcome volunteers for working bees. The best way to coordinate these is through the lysterfieldmtb yahoo, (i think?) email group. The working bees can then be conducted officially and transparently. It also avoids the she said/he said, that tends to go on.
I always volunteer for these working bees when I am available, otherwise I always follow up with Steve Barnett (who co-ordinates most of them) and help out pre/post working bee where needed.

So if you feel strongly enough about the condition of any of the trails, put yourself forward on the lysterfieldmtb list and be constructive with your input.
The number one reason why more working bees aren’t conducted is due to the number of people interested. If more people wanted to be a part of the trail maintenance out there, we would happily do it a lot more often!

FGP will work with PV, as we always do, to ensure only sanctioned trails alignments are used.
In the days before and after each CTS round last year FGP worked on the trails to try to ensure they were in the best possible condition. We will do this again this year.

Everytime I ride at Lysterfield I stop and kick out any sidewalls of any of the puddles that form.
I'm constantly amazed at the number of riders that I see skirt a puddle... creating multiple trails...
Stop and kick out the built up edge and watch the puddle drain... it's not hard (mostly).
Make that your first step towards trail karma.

See you on the trails, i'll be the one standing by the puddles with muddy hands and feet.
Snozza

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
Snozza put it better. To clarify, what I meant by "parks don't want us doing anything" was more to be read as "Don't go building trails yourself", even is trails are destroyed, without first going about it the right way (ie discussing with management). That's pretty much a no-no everywhere.

Trance_Kidd

Likes Dirt
I will be doing it again this year, but solo this time:D

Its a great serise for elite guys too begginers.

See you there

craigb

Likes Dirt
if your into trail maintanance people also try as you ride around to block off all these shortcuts-avoiding mud trails that are getting cut now. There everywhere and there is no need for them. Every ride i do i in lysterfield i must spend 25 to 30 min blocking these trails with log's and sticks

MTB_KAT

Likes Dirt
Joined today too, I ride Lysterfied all the time and instead of whinging about how the trails are deteriorating at least I can help out and better enjoy my rides out there.

mtbgirl

Cannon Fodder
Back to the original topic....I see Anaconda have come on board again for Chase the Sun.

Last edited:

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Snozza said something about entry goodies from anaconda again this year, I don't think he has said exactly what it will be though. Expect something good :).