Chasing chainring advice

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Ok this is getting very hambo now…
Something wrong with being prepared so I can get the most out of it? Something wrong with arming myself with information? Would you rather I just fumble through, make mistakes, buy the wrong shit and waste my money?

Im doing my own research then looking for confirmation if Im not sure.

Forget it, honestly, I'll go elsewhere if need be.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Time to get your AliExp on.
Yep, my thoughts too

AU $3.24 40% Off | Black Bike Chain Wear Indicator Bicycle Chain Check Measurer MTB Mountain Bike Chain Tool Bicycle Repair Tools

AU $1.44 60% Off | Bicycle Open Close Chain Link Pliers Mini Mountain Bike Quick Removal Install Plier Chain Clamp Repair Tools Buckle Pliers

AU $5.02 20% Off | Bike Tubeless Tire Puncture Repair Kit For Bicycle Portable Urgent Cycling Flat Repair Kit Rubber Stripes Road Bicycle MTB Tools

AU $0.85 45% Off | Bicycle Fenders 8 Colorful Front/Rear Tire Wheel Fenders Carbon Fiber Mudguard MTB Mountain Bike Road Cycling Fix Gear

Can’t find a forged steel chainring direct mount at aliexpress, setup costs probably too high compared to a cnc machine setup to pump out 3500 pieces a day in ally.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yep, my thoughts too

AU $3.24 40% Off | Black Bike Chain Wear Indicator Bicycle Chain Check Measurer MTB Mountain Bike Chain Tool Bicycle Repair Tools
That generic shaped checker again :oops:

There's a line that needs to be drawn over fakery but all these Chi items get sold in Australia under names like Cleanskin, BBB, Birzman etc...

Get them direct from the big fake cheese king for 1/4 of the Aus price.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Something wrong with being prepared so I can get the most out of it? Something wrong with arming myself with information? Would you rather I just fumble through, make mistakes, buy the wrong shit and waste my money?

Don't sweat it, you're not doing anything wrong.
In an awkward analogy 'when all you have is a hammer' some of your posting is similar to what Hambo would have posted, but you're not to know that, and you've been here nearly as long as you have on that other forum...

You've managed to score a bargain with that Scott anyway, enjoy it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
BTW most of us here are big Hambo fans, he's a good bloke.

I have just sent Dozer a PM to ask to get Hambo back, hopefully we can have him back here. He has a good heart !

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

Nah, you’re all good mate. Ask away. MTB is notorious for bullshit ’standards’ that change all the time leading to difficulties in trying to figure out what you need at almost every turn.

Plenty of people here happy to help and give your a good steer.

You can always send a private message to someone helpful if you dont want to make a thread. There is also a ‘quick questions’ thread that is good for little bits and pieces if you dont want to start a new thread.

New bike looks great BTW

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member

Chill the fuck out. Nobody hates hambo, it wasn't a slight on you. Just a gag about posting up your shopping cart, which was a Hambo favourite.

You'll need a thicker skin if you're going to hang about here regularly.

401ded91-c681-4df7-9ed7-526d32d0d673_text.gif

Last edited:

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Chill the fuck out. Nobody hates hambo, it wasn't a slight on you. Just a gag about posting up your shopping cart, which was a Hambo favourite.

You'll need a thicker skin if you're going to hang about here regularly.

View attachment 392711
im autistic mate.. shit is a little different for me. *shrug* makes it hard to differentiate friendly banter from actual shit, y'know. I do appreciate the clarification.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
im autistic mate.. shit is a little different for me. *shrug* makes it hard to differentiate friendly banter from actual shit, y'know. I do appreciate the clarification.
All good. Just assume if someone's making a hambo joke it's most likely good natured.