Cheap 5th Element

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
From US online bike store bikeman.com:

Progressive Suspension 5th Element Rear Shock 8.75inchx 2.75inch Price: $394.95 USD
Also in all other size combinations.

Converts to roughly $550-$560 AUD not including shipping, customs/import duties or tax etc. Says something about springs sold separately, but still sounds tempting for 04...what do you guys think?

Rik

logged out
What if bought one of those progressive rate springs from DHD? That'd be interesting...

SpectRe

Likes Dirt

These are the only springs (heaps of different sizes) on the site.
$39.95 US or around $55 AUD for this spring..looks it, but surely at this price it can't be Ti...

5th Element shock normally retails in USA for $432.00 (steel spring) or $738.95 (titanium spring). (According to progressivesuspension.com)
= roughly $600 AUD (steel spring) or $1030 AUD (titanium spring).

Haha this is like talking to myself - after finding that info from the progressive site, i think the above mentioned spring must be Steel... :oops:

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone know if a fifth element spring is hte same size at hte swinger springs? like ID and stuff?

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
They are only $800ish for steel spring in Australia... the titanium version will be around $1500. Also, the shock won't have technical support in Australia- which, if you end up like me, will make the shock useless. A rebuild in Australia costs $200... . If you purchase the shock in Australia then you will have free* service for 2 years.

Also there will be no warranty if you run any spring other than a 5th.

Beleive me- 6 shocks in 14 months would have been expensive if servicing wasn't free...

S.

ex offender
Daver said:
They are only $800ish for steel spring in Australia... the titanium version will be around $1500. Also, the shock won't have technical support in Australia- which, if you end up like me, will make the shock useless. A rebuild in Australia costs $200... . If you purchase the shock in Australia then you will have free* service for 2 years.

Beleive me- 6 shocks in 14 months would have been expensive if servicing wasn't free...
No tech support for 5ths in Australia? Someone started doing it a few months ago, iirc.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Neevy is the aust distributor. But is it because it was bought overseas they won't do it for free?

Ty

Eats Squid
Socket said:
Daver said:

No tech support for 5ths in Australia? Someone started doing it a few months ago, iirc.
i think he means if you import one you wont get tech support from the aussie importer.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
Yeah i had a 5th with a steel spring on my bullit- i upgraded to a ti spring and there is a small difference... not the extra $500+ differece but... :p

Cruz

Likes Dirt
Had a steel spring on both mine, but haven't tried a titanium spring and won't be for the cost involved.

The OZ distributors are Neezy who also are Santa Cruz and now Maverick fork distributors as well.

Say hello Hammo!

They are based in Brisbane.