cheap and good wheel bearings source in lockdown

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
DT Swiss (OE Giant TRX 1 wheel set) rear hub - size 15x28x7. Enduro is the default choice I guess, but anyone found a cheap non bike specific source?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Any bearing shop will have that size. Go for a SKF, FAG or NSK.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
6902-2RS

Repack with quality grease from day one. Think of the manufacturers grease as corrosion prevention while in transit. If you mangle a seal, bend it back and make sure that’s facing the inside. If you want higher maintenance but less drag, no seals facing inwards.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
6902-2RS

Repack with quality grease from day one. Think of the manufacturers grease as corrosion prevention while in transit. If you mangle a seal, bend it back and make sure that’s facing the inside. If you want higher maintenance but less drag, no seals facing inwards.
While he’s at it. -when you change frame linkage bearings, do you open up every new one, grease then place into frame?

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Are bearing shops a good option for most frame bearings too? I've been looking at enduro sets for my old Giant, not sure if there's anything particularly special in there.

Oddjob

Are bearing shops a good option for most frame bearings too? I've been looking at enduro sets for my old Giant, not sure if there's anything particularly special in there.
No. Its usually a pain to get a set of full complement bearings from a bearing shop. Much easier to hit up Duncan at diymtb.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No. Its usually a pain to get a set of full complement bearings from a bearing shop. Much easier to hit up Duncan at diymtb.

DIYMTB are awesome for sure but I've got a local joint that is just as good. I've never walked away without the bearings I went in for. That's here in Sydney, surely there must be other places round like that?

Oddjob

DIYMTB are awesome for sure but I've got a local joint that is just as good. I've never walked away without the bearings I went in for. That's here in Sydney, surely there must be other places round like that?
Jesus H Christ where? Please say Brookvale.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click

I've bought a set of bearings from here for a CB front hub, they worked a treat.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Canberra Bearing Supplies in Fyshwick should get you sorted. 6902-2RS is a common size and they will typically have something from NSK or SKF (sometimes FAG). Expect to pay around $30 a bearing. Quality will most likely be higher than Enduro.