Cheap forks

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Issues

For those of you that don't get the daily T7 emails (why, oh why did I sign up for them!), they've got some pretty reasonable prices on Rock Shox forks today.

Check out http://www.torpedo7.com.au/content/productpicks/division/bike/rockshox_sale
Terrific prices

Just a heads up that I purchased two sets of RS Reba 29ers last year from T7 and both were faulty. The lowers were off centre/not aligned so that the wheel (any wheel - tried 5 different ones) sat off centre - to the brake side. T7 were terrific and they ended up refunding the purchase price. They could not get their supplier to warranty the forks (fix them) and Rockshox wanted nothing to do with them - it struck me that they were probably seconds hense the great price and lack of accountablity from RS. One of the forks were just ok but the other one was so out the rotor would not fit in the caliper.
Once again the forks were cheap and T7 were great to deal with but may l suggest it be the first thing you check - how a wheel sits in the forks - even get T7 to test them for you.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Terrific prices

Just a heads up that I purchased two sets of RS Reba 29ers last year from T7 and both were faulty. The lowers were off centre/not aligned so that the wheel (any wheel - tried 5 different ones) sat off centre - to the brake side. T7 were terrific and they ended up refunding the purchase price. They could not get their supplier to warranty the forks (fix them) and Rockshox wanted nothing to do with them - it struck me that they were probably seconds hense the great price and lack of accountablity from RS. One of the forks were just ok but the other one was so out the rotor would not fit in the caliper.
Once again the forks were cheap and T7 were great to deal with but may l suggest it be the first thing you check - how a wheel sits in the forks - even get T7 to test them for you.
Would have to agree on this one. I to have purchased from T7 before, but find continuity of supply a problem, Often items are on special and then disappear completely from the range.

Suggests the T7 purchase model is to find a good price on a bulk delivery, and then move to another manufacturer and do the same.

This was largely confirmed when I spoke to a rep' from a popular European bike brand who were looking to get back into the Aussie market. T7 had purchased a container load of bikes from them as exclusive NZ / Australian distributors, (at a very good price), but never followed-up with a second order.

T7 now have another brand listed on the website

Roland

fergo

Likes Dirt
Would have to agree on this one. I to have purchased from T7 before, but find continuity of supply a problem, Often items are on special and then disappear completely from the range.

Suggests the T7 purchase model is to find a good price on a bulk delivery, and then move to another manufacturer and do the same.

This was largely confirmed when I spoke to a rep' from a popular European bike brand who were looking to get back into the Aussie market. T7 had purchased a container load of bikes from them as exclusive NZ / Australian distributors, (at a very good price), but never followed-up with a second order.

T7 now have another brand listed on the website

Roland
I was the same - cash in hand, ready to buy. Not a single resonse from T7 or Ghost as to next order. Ended up wasting my money on a kona. Should have held on another 6 months and got a better xc bike.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheap doesn't mean good service. This was reinforced to me when they had some Token bars on special, size not specified. I used their online chat to ask if they were 25.4 or 31.8, the response was 'that measurement doesn't matter.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
size matters

Cheap doesn't mean good service. This was reinforced to me when they had some Token bars on special, size not specified. I used their online chat to ask if they were 25.4 or 31.8, the response was 'that measurement doesn't matter.
whoever tells you "size doesnt matter' is just trying to be kind.