VIC Cheap or free bike in VIC

Plow King

Little bit.
Item: Cheap or free mountain bike for the mrs to ride around on
Price: free or as close ti as possible

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have an old orange hardtail, small I think. I bought it for use with the trail - a - bike but its too small for me. Its got old lx v brakes and sid air forks, running it 1x9 at the moment. Needs a new bb (older race face, Isis I think?), otherwise its in pretty decent nic, rides well!

I paid $100 for it from a fellow burner, you can have it for the same or happy to trade for a 10x cassette & shimano shifter.

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
I have an old orange hardtail, small I think. I bought it for use with the trail - a - bike but its too small for me. Its got old lx v brakes and sid air forks, running it 1x9 at the moment. Needs a new bb (older race face, Isis I think?), otherwise its in pretty decent nic, rides well!

I paid $100 for it from a fellow burner, you can have it for the same or happy to trade for a 10x cassette & shimano shifter.

G'day mate!
I'll take it back off you if plow king's not keen. Can do the cash, or a Deore 10x and SLX shifter.
I miss this bike and kind of regret letting it go...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hahahaa I bet you do, its a ripper of a unit ;) the forks came up golden with an oil change and some new o-rings, could use new dust seals but they still work a treat as is. I put an old wtb seat on it and changed the old worn 3x8 to newer slightly less worn 1x9 stuff, stuck some nicer bars/stem on it and wallah, good as gold. Only problem is I recently gave away the lx crankset and managed to bugger the bb on my old raceface set while installing so now the drive side sits way too far out. (Sorry, I hang my head in shame)

If the king is feeling generous then I'd be happy to reunite you, you don't happen to have a chain too by any chance? Im still happy with the shifter/cassette, but a chain would be gravy :D

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Hahahaa I bet you do, its a ripper of a unit ;) the forks came up golden with an oil change and some new o-rings, could use new dust seals but they still work a treat as is. I put an old wtb seat on it and changed the old worn 3x8 to newer slightly less worn 1x9 stuff, stuck some nicer bars/stem on it and wallah, good as gold. Only problem is I recently gave away the lx crankset and managed to bugger the bb on my old raceface set while installing so now the drive side sits way too far out. (Sorry, I hang my head in shame)

If the king is feeling generous then I'd be happy to reunite you, you don't happen to have a chain too by any chance? Im still happy with the shifter/cassette, but a chain would be gravy :D

Yeah, I have a SRAM 1030 (I think) which is in fine nick. Might be a bit short on links depending what you need it for though...
Also have an LX crank and BB from Mr Moorey I was intending to stick on the other Orange so I'd be good to go with the O2.

moorey

call me Mia
Kinda hoping you both pull out on this...got a hankering for an old orange myself...and spare 10x parts....but sounds like you are all over it.... :pout:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Fkn lol! If I had have put it up for sale properly it would have sat there for three weeks before I settled for $22.50 and a can of solo (I love solo though, so still would have been OK with it). Instead I pit it up in a wanted ad, halfway hoping the bloke doesn't want it because what I really want to do it hang up the frame and forks till retro stops being cool, and I get a beeline of peoples chasing it!

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Kinda hoping you both pull out on this...got a hankering for an old orange myself...and spare 10x parts....but sounds like you are all over it.... :pout:
If I get this bike back, I'll be left with two old Oranges again. If I can break the emotional bond, I might let go of the '93 Clockwork at some point. I'll give you first dibs if interested (don't hold your breath though, not sure if I can actually part with it).

moorey

call me Mia
No wuckers. I've got this small mint cromo frame and fork (that some of your parts came from) that I SHOULD be rebuilding if anything, being the bike I bought to woo my now wife....stupid bike...and I can't even get motivated on that front. Offered it to OP also this morning, but it can't compete with the orange....

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Mr king, I know your probably away doing awesome easter stuff but I can't keep these two at bay too long. If I havnt got an answer back by around midday tomorrow i'm off to get a bottle of baby oil and an inflatable pool for the epic badger vs moorey battle for little blue orange bikes.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

So no response from plow king, sorry mate, there's a couple of very keen other parties chasing this bike. I'm going to keep the pedals, trail a bike attachment and the speedo, otherwise it is as is. Angry badger, you feel like a short drive to come grab it or are you happy to leave it to moorey?

moorey

call me Mia
As much as I'd like both to pull out, give the king another day or so. He isn't on a lot lately, and I reckon his wife needs it more than either the badger or I....:pout:
We will still be here in a day or 2.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt

So no response from plow king, sorry mate, there's a couple of very keen other parties chasing this bike. I'm going to keep the pedals, trail a bike attachment and the speedo, otherwise it is as is. Angry badger, you feel like a short drive to come grab it or are you happy to leave it to moorey?

I'm cool to wait a day, but still keen.

Beautiful car. Absolutely love those Celicas. Had a 1976 2000LT (i think) about 15 yrs ago, best car I ever owned.

Plow King

Little bit.
Hi im sorry guys.

Ive been flat out at work I forgot the check. Thanks so much for the offer but she decided to go out and buy a cheap dunlop from big w which more than fits the crireria for riding around bike track.

Great community we have here so feel free to send it off to the next in line

Thanks so much for the offer 99coconuts really do appreciate it. I do feel that a bike of such caliber should goto a more worthy serious rider who can appreciate such a bike.

I do apologize for the late reply!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Hi im sorry guys.

Ive been flat out at work I forgot the check. Thanks so much for the offer but she decided to go out and buy a cheap dunlop from big w which more than fits the crireria for riding around bike track.

Thanks so much for the offer badger really do appreciate it. I do feel that a bike of such caliber should goto a more worthy serious rider who can appreciate such a bike.

This makes me very happy!

Mr Coconuts,
I can give you the money, or take your pick from any (or all) of the following:
Deore 10x cassette
SLX shifters (pair)
Chain (a bit short)
X-Fusion shock
SLX clutched 10x mech

I can nip round any time that suits your good self...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Cool cool, we'll chill for a bit then :)

Yeah, the old celica is a bit of awesome. Its a project car for me and the kids, we'll start pulling it apart when they're 10 or 11 and spend a few years doing a full restoration on it. Pretty excited to get started on it

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
well i fail at internet dont i! 2 replies before mine and i dont clue on for hours :thumb:

no problems plow, its easter, if you're not flat out busy you're probably away somewhere. hopefully she decides that the dunlop just dont cut it and starts riding proper, you'll get a lot more leeway to spend $x on components that have x benefits over your old stuff once she gets it ;)

badger, all yours buddy, feel free to pop round tonight if you want, i'll sms you my address. otherwise, i'm home pretty much all week so shouldn't be hard to organise a time. i wont take the shock off you, i'd have to find a matching shock and even worse, actually get off my bum and make a non-dodgy unit for matty :faint2: if you dont mind handing over the rest though, that would be ace, the clutched slx would be wicked and i'll pop my non-clutched XT up for freebies :D

moorey

call me Mia
Good result all round :thumb:
Badger, if you take that bad boy back to rigid, those SIDS would nifty for my daughters upcoming build. If not, enjoy.

I have a green Malvern Star Instinct (1992-1993) you can have for $50 if you want.

Its a about a medium size frame with 18 speed shimano sis, new jagwire brakes and handle bar grips. Needs a clean and a new tube for the front tyre.. besides that you be good to go.

Pickup in South Melbourne.

photo.jpg

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I have a green Malvern Star Instinct (1992-1993) you can have for $50 if you want.

Its a about a medium size frame with 18 speed shimano sis, new jagwire brakes and handle bar grips. Needs a clean and a new tube for the front tyre.. besides that you be good to go.

Pickup in South Melbourne.

View attachment 289246
Hi im sorry guys.

Thanks so much for the offer 99coconuts really do appreciate it. I do feel that a bike of such caliber should goto a more worthy serious rider who can appreciate such a bike.

I have a mate just asking me for a cheap mtb commuter though. Will pass that on.