Cheap Thrills

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK, we've had a Simple Pleasures thread, now I thought we could have a Cheap Thrills thread.

I was driving home on a country road tonight. The sky was overcast and dark, and there were no other lights or cars around. On a straight bit of road that goes down a hill and up another hill, I turned my lights straight from high beam to nothing. Then I peed my pants.

Who else does what for their cheap thrills?

M.artin

Arrow Racing
Cool winter nights on the bike....

Or going out for a sail on anyones yacht on a summer day...:) (Just cruise around all day, its the best)

RCOH

Eats Squid
Fixed gear no brakes down foveaux st in peak hour

Coogee shorebreak 4'-6' closeouts on a Maccas Tray

LSD

Last edited:

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coogee shorebreak 4'-6' closeouts on a Maccas Tray
I would have to agree.

When there's a full moon and some descent swell my local gets some pretty descent 2-4 foot shoreys which break in around 1 foot of water. I get out my old player with a few other mates and we hit them up. Thank god for wet-suits, if not for them i would have been skinned alive after being dragged over sand many the times.

Fruit wars with un-ripened oranges, lemons and guavers (sp?). Far out it's fun, but fark it hurts when you get hit.

turkey 6000

Banned
you are a dickhead its people like you that cause accidents on that stretch of road.

for the threads sake mine are
night surfing a rocky point
dh with no brakes
yelling penis ina busy shopping centre.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
you are a dickhead its people like you that cause accidents on that stretch of road.

haha. tool.

cheep trills, eh?

riding a brakeless bike
nudie runs
being chased by some crazy nut around after he comes out of his house to find you and a mate pissing on his letterbox
speeding in your car, watching the cops drive in the opposite direction knowing they can't do anything
speeding in your car and having the car in front of you pulled over for speeding, but you get away free

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Reving up some young rev head then following them as they speed and watching them get booked.
Being kind to people that don't expect it.
Bluffing that you're tuff when someone heavies you somewhere(pub)and then they back down,even though you new they'd have smashed you.
Watching kids or animals do funny shit.

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
:( Travelling 80kmh on the roof of a moving car.
Inflatable plastic boat from K-mart in fast running flooded creek.
Towed by car uphill at 60kmh whilst on a skate board.
Late night high speed skate board runs down long hills,sitting,crouched down,coffin style.
Jumping off the cliff at Wottamolla(sp?) beach.
Firewokks fights!
Riding no-handed standing on the top tube down Cumberland road I'burn and keeping pace with the traffic.

All stuff i did in my teens,sometimes i look back and wonder what the fuck i was thinkin' and how i'm still here.

Last time i jumped at Wottamolla (about 4 years ago) i almost shat myself.I wish i was a quarter as brave now as i was then.Now hitting up the bmx track semms "wild":)
It sucks getting old:(

sliding down a really big steep hill on a cardboard box
jumping of the 12m cliff at this awsome swimming hole that only a selct few know about.
blowing up watermelons/pumpkins with fireworks

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Yeah yeah,blowing shit up,Letterboxes Tonka trucks trucks,dog shit,anything,as a kid.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Free climbing. Friendly cliffs, bouldering and even large trees. Read up, start small and feel the sweat and knot in your gut. Cheap thrill. If you want you gan buy some specific shoes, but runners suffice

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.

for the threads sake mine are
night surfing a rocky point
dh with no brakes
Considering the level of dickheadedness being touted in this thread overall and the bit of silliness displayed by your last two "cheap thrills" I think you're a little out of line labeling the member that you did.... besides which it IS actually against the rules around here to level ANY abuse at other members.

Thank you.;)

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
Peddling my guts out down a steep hill trying to catch the traffic.

Cutting laps on Newcastle foreshore on the bike on Thursday nights - race upto a car load of girls and piggyback off the car whilst conversing with the occupants. :D

Rocking up and lumbering around my local skatepark on the dually, all the munchkins on blade scooters tend to get out of the way when they see me coming. :rolleyes:

Suprez

Likes Dirt
Last time i jumped at Wottamolla (about 4 years ago) i almost shat myself.I wish i was a quarter as brave now as i was then.Now hitting up the bmx track semms "wild":)
It sucks getting old:(
Brave? Nah just silly. As for getting old, think of it as getting wiser :p

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ran as fast as i can down sand dunes and then jump at the end so you land flat from a 15 ft ledge onto sand and scare the shit out of people.

Climbing up trees as fast as you can and as high as you can before you shit yourself and have to get down.
If Anyone in Hobart knows the 2 soccer fields next to the sandy bay yacht club you will know the big pine tree between the 2 fields Thats right i climbed to the top of it and shat myself but it was worth it. That must have been at least 40m up

Going sailing in my dingy in 30kt winds and puting the kite up on a reach and surfing the waves until your whole boats starts vibrating and your shaw something like our mast is just going to snap in half

I think a cheap thrill is something that puts your life at risk