Check the new GT

FatYZ0

Likes Dirt
It is one hell of a sexy machine.
It will be good that there is already the full carbon laha that it can go up against to compete with.
I cant wait for monza to bring the in for the press relese in melbourne

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Fury looks nice as most GT do. But is that a air shock on the back?? Seems poor shock choice for dh race bike

cvbass

Likes Dirt
Seems poor shock choice for dh race bike
Why is that?
I haven't ridden an air rear shock so I wouldnt know, but alot of racers run air forks, so I dint think it could be that bad?
Bike looks great, I'd have one for sure!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
:eek: holy shit, whats the weight like.... surely its down into the low 16s, looks sick, except the seat tube looks incredibly slack

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
:eek: holy shit, whats the weight like.... surely its down into the low 16s, looks sick, except the seat tube looks incredibly slack
The weight is apparently 38lbs or 17.2kg with the current spec

Why is that?
I haven't ridden an air rear shock so I wouldnt know, but alot of racers run air forks, so I dint think it could be that bad?
Bike looks great, I'd have one for sure!
Air shocks are fine, I ride one on 08 GT DHI and it's great.

People give them shit(I used to:cool:) but after have been riding it for 8 months it's really smooth most of all I like it :p

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
The weight is apparently 38lbs or 17.2kg with the current spec
I wonder if that its tubeless coz thats light, with still plenty more to lose. if it isnt tubeless you could lose almost another kg by making the swap, get a lighter seat, lighter rims and gravity light cranks to top it all off. all that and i think you could get a 16kg flat bike quite easily

Cheers
Brent

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I ride one on 08 GT DHI and it's great.

People give them shit(I used to:cool:) but after have been riding it for 8 months it's really smooth most of all I like it :p
You might want to re word that Jake......how many times has it ridden you?:D:p:D

I agree with Jakes comments...the Airshock is mint. And I have only ridden Jakes DHi. The braking bumps on Abom are chewed up by it.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmm

I agree with Jumpers
For a bike that sweet and with such a Big rep behind GT
I think it may have been a bad choice to switch to air
They shouldve Put like Fox 5.0 Springs on it
It'll be interesting to see what happens sale wise
And i wouldn't be surprised if sales went down

nickhagee

Likes Dirt
it looks good but i still dont trust carbon for dh. unless i was sponsered by gt and got bike for free. as soon as it gets a gouge it would need replacing cos i would never ever trust that

except the seat tube looks incredibly slack
thats cos it has got a setback seatpost

Greg_bris

Likes Bikes
I think people need to get over the fear of using carbon in DH bikes. Remember that carbon is used in a lot of high end sports cars/race cars, with out any issues. Yes it takes a little to get your head around but, considering it is used in many situations that require more strength then then the average Hack will put the bike through. I would have no issues with it.

I'm saving for one already.........

Lots Super hot.