AM Chriso's bike for fun

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked up a Fox Proframe, and finally got out on its first ride.
Pretty happy so far, light and comfortable and didn't seem to crazy in warmer weather. Should be a good compromise over safety vs the extra weight/heat.

This is also a couple of edits I've made recently riding this bike.

Cheers,
Chris

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, had the boring Giant for 10 months now!
Absolutely love it. Despite what others think lol.

Still dead stock, with the only work done a rear mech cable lol. She has now travelled around 800km of only single trail in varying conditions.
Haven't yet even touched the tyres! I certainly don't suffer from upgraditis lol. What's wrong with me...

Got to say, its suspension package has been a massive surprise, for mid/entry level stuff it is holding up very well and not a single complaint from me. I'm only light (72 Kegs) but have managed to dial it in nicely despite the lack of adjustability.

This is my latest ride, very early Buxton this morning in perfect conditions.

Cheers,
Chriso

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work. Was there plenty of pinners today?
Suprisingly quiet this morning mate. Usually I get back to a full carpark, but was only about 5 cars.
I think the weather forcast of morning showers scared everyone off, but they didn't mention morning meant 3:00am this morning lol.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well had this thing for over 2 years now, only just finished its first ever upgrades today lol.
Pretty hectic upgrades they were too ha ha.

Now running XT M8000 derailleur and matching Ispec 2 shifter. And fitted up some new WTB Moto X grips.

As far as the bike goes, still very happy with it. Still suits most local trails very well, very rarely feeling under-biked.
Has done an Enduro race as well, which is about the only time I feel a bigger bike might be in order. But it still managed to come middle of the pack even with a couple of big stuff ups.

Just love getting out on the trails with this thing.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Get some new tyres! I see it was talked about and considering it looks like you actually ride the crap out of your bike, having the same tyres on it after 2 years must mean they’re missing some tread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Get some new tyres! I see it was talked about and considering it looks like you actually ride the crap out of your bike, having the same tyres on it after 2 years must mean they’re missing some tread

Plus they're High-Rollers (shudder), lol.

At least whack a DHF on the front!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Yeah tyres are next on the list, but surprising how well the High Rollers have held up. Front is still like new, rear has lost its bite a little and the sidewalls are beaten up.
But I was possibly planning on downgrading the rear to a Rekon anyway for a little easier rolling, with a DHF up front. So the worn rear is not really bothering me for the moment.

But I'm so conflicted, as I love the look of a Michelin Wild / Force combo lol.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is insanely clean sir. an shiny You have far too much time on you hands.. Every time i watch your videos I feel over biked. Hopefully you'll be racing enduro again soon.
Cheers Mick, Plenty of time at the moment lol
But yeah, I have a slight ocd when it comes to keeping things clean ha ha

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
DHF front paired to aggressor rear, or the new dissector. Minion SS is also stupid fun, and grips more than you think it will.
So many good options for you, so little ride time.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DHF front paired to aggressor rear, or the new dissector. Minion SS is also stupid fun, and grips more than you think it will.
So many good options for you, so little ride time.
It's the rear that I'm so undecided on ha ha. Will go with DHF or Mich Wild AM up front. To many nice Maxxis rears to choose ha ha.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It's the rear that I'm so undecided on ha ha. Will go with DHF or Mich Wild AM up front. To many nice Maxxis rears to choose ha ha.
Don't bother with the Wild AM up front IMO, not much grip to be had leant over. Makes a decent rear though.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
The Dissector I’ve been running on the rear has been great. 29x2.4, rolls really well, grips well in dry stuff and well enough in all but the sloppiest shit when basically nothing grips anyway. Had a 2.3” DHF on the rear previously and the Dissector rolls noticeably better and is not noticeably less grippy in 95% of situations.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
@Chriso_29er How do you find the fit of the proframe helmet? I'm between L and XL 60-61cm head measurement. A bit impossible to go to a shop to try one on at the mo in Vic...