Citrus addictus completus (alpine 160)

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I am the 1%. Andrew Bolte for PM! :behindsofa:

What's the other one for?
The black one is used for 27.5". The silver one looks the same as the one already on the rebound rod for 26".

If you look at the diagram in the bag it shows the different lengths on the rebound for converting.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
The black one is used for 27.5". The silver one looks the same as the one already on the rebound rod for 26".

If you look at the diagram in the bag it shows the different lengths on the rebound for converting.
Well smell my socks. Thanks you pair of chiggers.

moorey

call me Mia
Finished, and build/pics updated. Ready to pedal up and down some big hills in the morning.
Ever since dirt did their thing on the Alpine 160 last year I've started to see the appeal of these bikes. That model was particularly gorgeous, in the black and orange.

You gotta get that thing finished and riding!
Also, can you get a close in on the cable routing on the top tube to swing arm area, they seem to fiddle with it a bit over the past few years, interested to see where it has come from in that time.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro
Cable routing would work a treat with reversed brakes. There are guides along the shock mount, but if I use these, the cables will have to cross over right on top of the shock shaft.

Used to run cables beside HT rather than around, but got too much frame rub. Running them along the top tube till I think about it more.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
No idea if this info would help, but this is how I avoided the rear brake cable routing issue on the TBc:

A healthy amount of frame protection & zip tying the brake to the gear housing until it had to chase over & down the LHS. No rub anywhere over & down.

I should heatshrink it but CBFd bleeding the brake.

moorey

call me Mia
No idea if this info would help, but this is how I avoided the rear brake cable routing issue on the TBc:

A healthy amount of frame protection & zip tying the brake to the gear housing until it had to chase over & down the LHS. No rub anywhere over & down.

I should heatshrink it but CBFd bleeding the brake.
cheers...I'm crap at remembering to check wear...and it always rubs through to frame on me. I will get around to trying it again though. Much prefer the look of running beside the HT.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Nice build Moorey! Love Orange bikes, always wanted a Five.

With the 8mm socket for the Mattoc, apparently, according to the MTBR thread you can use a 4mm allen key on the inside of the same bolt, just gotta be careful not to cross-thread it putting it back together.

moorey

call me Mia
Nice build Moorey! Love Orange bikes, always wanted a Five.

With the 8mm socket for the Mattoc, apparently, according to the MTBR thread you can use a 4mm allen key on the inside of the same bolt, just gotta be careful not to cross-thread it putting it back together.
Cheers Elbo. Will look into that as an option. Ta mate.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
With that new boat anchor on the front you will be able to pull up before every drop more quickly... not that I can talk. #oldguysarepussies

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk