Citrus addictus completus (alpine 160)

moorey

call me Mia
This has been a bit of a boiler, mainly due to being time poor, and the last in line for 'Moorey time' with kids sport, wife's increased hours, and her newfound love of running and marathon (which, for some reason, must be a family affair, despite fun running being a sport for only those who can't handle a bike)

Anyhoo, this frame has sat taunting me for almost two months. With the wife away for the weekend, riding was off the cards again, but I sent the kids into the bush to hunt Pokemon with non-net-connected phones. ('I think it's a couple of km further, kids...you'll see it when you get closer...don't come back without it)

UPDATED. FINISHED FOR NOW.

Frame: 2014 Orange alpine 160. Medium. 26" bitches.
Fork: Mattoc pro 160mm. *now lyrik 180mm
Shock: Monarch rct3 plus.
Headset: Hope
Wheels: 26" Hope hoops (evo on flow mk3)
Tyres: DHR2 2.4 rear, Minion dhf 2.5 front. Tubeless.
Bars: Renthal fatty lite 740
Stem: Thomson 4x 50m
Dropper: KS 125mm
Brakes: M8000 (thanks fickle Minlak)
Cranks: X9 direct mount, Kore 32t NW.
Shifter: m8000 ispec 2
Deraileur: M8000 GS
Cassette: M8000 11-42
Chain: m8000
Grips: ouri lock-on
Pedals: DMR vault.
Weight: NFI now that I’ve beefed it up.

Time to ride. 50 tough km planned for the morning. :woot:

I'm fucking excited.

And yes, the white trim was a choice.

Fuck your stealth.

Updated pic after changes.
1021C059-305D-4926-9A17-3EF6D4A94B5D.jpeg

Last edited:

mint355

Likes Dirt
Citrus addictus (alpine 160)

About bloody time... As you know I got a soft spot for single pivots Not so much 26". No pikes Or Revelations available? Will be a sweet ride mate!

moorey

call me Mia
About bloody time... As you know I got a soft spot for single pivots Not so much 26". No pikes Or Revelations available? Will be a sweet ride mate!
Revs on a 160? U mad bro? Been very keen to try the mattocs...and got a soft spot for white forks. Pikes for a backup, but planning to 170 these, which the pike can't do (and I can't justify new lyriks for now)

robbie b

Likes Bikes
green machine

you can 170 the mattocs? I feel for you with the life gets in the way of riding man, constant struggle, does life not understand how fun riding is. p.s. I also have a soft spot for white forks, have white marzocchi 55's at the moment and am hesitant to upgrade cos everything at 170 is black, maybe some durolux's

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
you can 170 the mattocs? I feel for you with the life gets in the way of riding man, constant struggle, does life not understand how fun riding is. p.s. I also have a soft spot for white forks, have white marzocchi 55's at the moment and am hesitant to upgrade cos everything at 170 is black, maybe some durolux's
Mattocs can be set at 170mm only for 26"

Z

Zaf

Ever since dirt did their thing on the Alpine 160 last year I've started to see the appeal of these bikes. That model was particularly gorgeous, in the black and orange.

You gotta get that thing finished and riding!
Also, can you get a close in on the cable routing on the top tube to swing arm area, they seem to fiddle with it a bit over the past few years, interested to see where it has come from in that time.

Sent from my Agora 4G Pro

aanon

Likes Dirt
Sweet bike in a cool colour, would really like a proper go on a 160 and a Five, love the simplicity and the fact they are from the mother country, don't see too many around this neck of the woods. Having said that I did bump into 2 blokes on Alpine 160's and they both spoke highly of 'em.

moorey

call me Mia
When you decide to, let me know. Stoo is modifying some tools for me, you'll need them to open her up for the extension.
Some small thin walled sockets came with mine, not the bigger ones. Did you get the small ones with yours?