Clear Mt Maintenance

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Motos do damage kickers and the lips. They power up the kicker and dish out the bottom of the kicker and often are spinning the wheel as they pass over the lip. The best approach is to have a friendly chat to them and explain how they make a DH track dangerous. It will work for some!

DM

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Motos do damage kickers and the lips. They power up the kicker and dish out the bottom of the kicker and often are spinning the wheel as they pass over the lip. The best approach is to have a friendly chat to them and explain how they make a DH track dangerous. It will work for some!

DM
Thanks deadman, it'd be a shame if the stuff was damaged after the great work thats been put into it. Does anyone actually know though if the tracks been damaged in anyway?

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
Hate to say it but I reckon Clear's days are numbered. Won't be long before it gets shut down with all the activity going on out there. :(

Downhill_Only

Likes Dirt
Clear Mtn is both on Private and Public (council) property, they have known about this track for years and they have done nothing about it.

Plus it cant be developed due to that land being used once for bomb/mine testing years back. There are warning signs everywhere for them on the fireroads etc.

tumble

Likes Dirt
Hate to say it but I reckon Clear's days are numbered. Won't be long before it gets shut down with all the activity going on out there. :(
I very much doubt it. Sure there is a s#%tload of people riding it at the moment but as I said before, a year or so ago they were planning to make it fully legal for MTB. That would have created as much if not more activity than what there is now. Clear will never get shut down, the most they ever do is run a dozer up the fireroad about every 2 years.

edit: If anyone is there when there's motos on the track, please man up & tell them to fuck right off. They dont understand how much effort goes into making tracks when they can destroy them with a few twists of their wrist.

Last edited:

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i dont think its the number of people or wether or not its legal or illegal, but whats on the track, councils see big jumps and dont think of the fun we have on them, but the liabilities on them if someone does some serious dammage to themselves.

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Hi Downhill Fans,

Appreciate the enormous effort that the Trail Lords have put in, stop and say thanks, offer to help them sometime, educate the motos, be friendly courteous and well mannered to locals, shuttle with care and enjoy the F&$K out of this gift.

Above all, stop the gibbering on any website....it's secret DH business!

DM

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
edit: If anyone is there when there's motos on the track, please man up & tell them to fuck right off. They dont understand how much effort goes into making tracks when they can destroy them with a few twists of their wrist.
Yeah, I would have when I was there but was too buggered to do anything more than glare angrily and not return the head nod as they rode past.

What can I say... I'm a bleeder not a fighter.

bennymac

Likes Dirt
Hi Downhill Fans,

Appreciate the enormous effort that the Trail Lords have put in, stop and say thanks, offer to help them sometime, educate the motos, be friendly courteous and well mannered to locals, shuttle with care and enjoy the F&$K out of this gift.

Above all, stop the gibbering on any website....it's secret DH business!

DM

Well said Deadman,

Also to all the ppl posting reasons why it will get shut down STOP posting stuff up here or better still can some one shut this thread down. How stupid do you have to be, to be given "THE MAN" ammo to get yet another track get shut down!!!!!!!!!!!! come on ppl think before u post !!!!!!!

Last edited:

bennymac

Likes Dirt
look out

Hi all just got a text from the building crew from clear mtn with all the rain that we have been having they will be out there tomorrow making the most of it. so please keep a eye out for them thats all they ask

thanks Ppl

bennymac

Likes Dirt
Dont change anything at clear!!!!!

Ok first of all I just want to let everyone know that I’m one of the three guy’s doing all the work on the clear mnt track. At first we (being the digging crew) didn’t want to take ownership for doing all the work as we did not originally build the track but knew it needed an overhaul really badly. Also thanks to everyone who stopped to say thanks and offered to help not that anyone has yet but thats not why I’m writing this.

So we went to the track on wedsday to have a dig after all that rain, thanks to the big man for that anyway when we went there today sat 14th some wankers have fucked the jumps ie the triple/ stepdown in the top sec and the double before it. On top of that bullshit some other or the same fucking dickheads have driven a 4wd over the kicker and the hip lander, fucking the lip on the kicker thanks fuckheads!!!!!!
This track is not ours and is for everyone to ride so you can build your skills up so you can progress to jumping some of the bigger gaps. From the start of the overhaul we set out to put things in for all riders if you don’t have the skills to make the gaps DON’T CHANGE THE JUMPS SO YOU CAN!!!!!!!! This track is not a easy place to dig and build as the dirt is always dry and when it rains you have maybe a two day window to get stuff done if it pisses down and if you’re lucky.

This post is just a warning that if anyone wants to change things to come and see us as we are easy going and will to take your views onboard or to contact me on here. If we find the dickheads that caused all our hard work to go down the drain it’s not going to be fun for anyone.

Sorry if this is hard to read I was pissed off when I wrote this.

Deadman

Likes Dirt
Really, really sorry to hear that Bennymac and team. It's cool to be absolutely PISSED OFF and GUTTED. You guys have put in an unbelievable amount of work into this track, a workload that only other Trail Lords would appreciate. Your design philosophy is consistant and has made this a unique and outstanding track. And you are a great bunch of guys with a great attitude. 4x4 wankers and motos are one thing, but if other DH'ers frig with a track that has been adopted by some hardworking Trail Lords that are doing a great job then hell should be released on them.

Tracks are too few in S.E. Qld and Trail Lords are also too few. The downhill community should be united in at least these two rules: -

1. Don't touch a track that has been adopted by Trail Lords
2. If keen to help and have input - Always work with the current Trail Lords

Cheers, DM

Last edited:

bennymac

Likes Dirt
Really, really sorry to hear that Bennymac and team. It's cool to be absolutely PISSED OFF and GUTTED. You guys have put in an unbelievable amount of work into this track, a workload that only other Trail Lords would appreciate. Your design philosophy is consistant and has made this a unique and outstanding track. And you are a great bunch of guys with a great attitude. 4x4 wankers and motos are one thing, but if other DH'ers frig with a track that has been adopted by some hardworking Trail Lords that are doing a great job then hell should be released on them.

Tracks are too few in S.E. Qld and Trail Lords are also too few. The downhill community should be united in at least these two rules: -

1. Don't touch a track that has been adopted by Trail Lords
2. If keen to help and have input - Always work with the current Trail Lords

Cheers, DM

thanks mate just puts all the plans we have for the rest of the track on hold till we have fixed all the shit thast has been fucked by wankers.

solokiter

Likes Bikes
thanks mate just puts all the plans we have for the rest of the track on hold till we have fixed all the shit thast has been fucked by wankers.
Sorry to hear this guys, if only they had been there when I was riding.

I will be there this Friday afternoon, and all weekend to help out with the repairs.

See you then,

S.

bennymac

Likes Dirt
cool thanks

Sorry to hear this guys, if only they had been there when I was riding.

I will be there this Friday afternoon, and all weekend to help out with the repairs.

See you then,

S.
thanks mate but boys fixed up all the buggered stuff hope its ok for the weekend as we have not been back this week so fingers crossed they got the hit

bennymac

Likes Dirt
digging again

Hi all,

The boys will be digging again on sat in the bottom sec just keep a eye out for them and please stop and tell us if any part of the top sec has been fuc78d with

thanks the dig crew

dazrazedge

Likes Bikes
Has anyone been out there since Friday?

Just as I was leaving (around 5pm), I saw a couple of dirt bikes head down through the top switch backs.

Not sure what, if any, damage was done.
We were there yesterday. The jumps are untouched and the motos passed me riding up the fire trial. They didnt enter the track.

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We were there yesterday. The jumps are untouched and the motos passed me riding up the fire trial. They didnt enter the track.
How's the new road gap down before it gets into the forrest part? Havn't had a chance to get out there in ages.