Clear Mt Maintenance

Cooch

Likes Dirt
To the crew who has been working hard out at Clear Mountain over the past few weeks! Awesome work guys. Your work has not gone unnoticed.

If you guys are in here! Sweet and a huge shout out of thanks!!

babington

Squid
To the crew who has been working hard out at Clear Mountain over the past few weeks! Awesome work guys. Your work has not gone unnoticed.

Hear Hear Cooch ... if only I could ride those top switchbacks like a Banshee!

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt

I was out there on Sunday and ran into 2 guys who I believe have been doing most of the work.

For those who haven't seen the new work, the new step down after the you come out of the top switchbacks and cross the fire trail has been vastly improved. I didn't hit it, but watched the guys building hit it a few times and it was incredibly smooth. Now to man up and do it myself...

In any case, massive kudos to both of them, and if you are on here and want help next time you're out there shoot me a pm (I was the guy on the red/silver Kona).

Last edited:

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was out there today, embarrassing myself as usual, and the guys were fixing up stuff. The jumps are incrediably smooth and look amazing, so if you're on here keep up the great work. One day I'll hit the step down and fully appreciate your great work... maybe :p

DVS969

Likes Dirt
I have heard alot about Clear Mountain and always wanted to go hit it up, but don't know anyone who rides there, I am keen to come with anyone who is lookin for more people to ride with, ive got a utre to shuttle if that is available there, and am defiantely willing to get my hands dirty too if there is any help needed with maintenance.

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
I have heard alot about Clear Mountain and always wanted to go hit it up, but don't know anyone who rides there, I am keen to come with anyone who is lookin for more people to ride with, ive got a utre to shuttle if that is available there, and am defiantely willing to get my hands dirty too if there is any help needed with maintenance.
There's generally an assortment of people up there of a Sunday afternoon (once they hangovers wear off).

I think this weekend will be pretty quiet though on account of the Toowoomba SS being on.

DVS969

Likes Dirt
There's generally an assortment of people up there of a Sunday afternoon (once they hangovers wear off).

I think this weekend will be pretty quiet though on account of the Toowoomba SS being on.
Yeah no doubt, ill be headig up there myself. Is there some sort of street address or anything to get me there? Cheers

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to clear yesterday.

Whoever built those jumps knows their shit. They look super smooth and well built.

All that needs to be done is a small clean up of the bottom section. I'm keen to lend a hand anyday.

tumble

Likes Dirt
Google.

It's not a legal track so no-one's going to put the address up.
+1
Pretty easy to find.
This is the closest Brisbane has to a legal Gravity trail apart from Bronwyns. There was talk a year or so ago that the track might be easily legalized by the local council if the track was diverted slightly off private land (I beleive council surveyors went out & everything) but that fizzled out.
Not racing Tbah, so I'll be there Sunday to check out the new goodies. I think I might know whos responsible, but well done in advance.

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So who forgot/assumed on the day rego was going as usual and is coming to clear for some runs tomorrow?

I moved to Brisbane a while ago, but haven’t gone out for a ride for ages due to an injury. I have never been to Clear Mtn. and I’m keen to go for a ride now that my injury has healed. Since I don’t know anyone riding downhill in Brisis north side I would appreciate it if I could join some of yous riding there. I have a Ute (duel cab) so I can give people a lift/used the car for shuttling... Would be good to get a group together for a ride!
Cheers Michael

props to the people who have been up there fixing it. The track is so smooth/fast. well done guys keep up the good work.:)

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
props to the people who have been up there fixing it. The track is so smooth/fast. well done guys keep up the good work.:)
Has anyone been out there since Friday?

Just as I was leaving (around 5pm), I saw a couple of dirt bikes head down through the top switch backs.

Not sure what, if any, damage was done.