CODES vs SAINTS vs FORMULA THE ONE BRAKES

KNIGHTER

Squid
Just seeing what everyone thinks is the best brake set out of these three cant decide what to run on my new bike

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seeing as you're new and i'm in a good mood, i won't flame you :rolleyes: But this topic has been covered pretty well in the Parts 'n stuff section of the website, have a look around there and you'll find what you're looking for, also remember to use the search button ;)

IMO ... Saints are pretty much top notch, but i love my Juicy's! :eek:

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your budget can accomodate The Ones then definetly go them, my mate never shuts up about his. Perfect modulation and massive power aparrantly!

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably do a search before starting threads as this has been covered many a time.
Saints have the most power, if thats what your looking for. But i find that they have a weird jar sort of feeling when you start to pull them in which i did not like.
I have Codes. I love them, no drama's at all they have all the power you need with no jar feelings. You can get straightline levers for these so their better:).
I haven't actually felt the Formula's, but have heard they are the best brakes for downhill.
Hope this helps.
Tom.

StInKy LoVeR

Likes Dirt
Only tried saints out of the three. Did some full runs with them on Sunday. They are really strong and the modulation is top notch. Only complaint is that my lever has started to wobble but sure that can be fixed easily.

tc2233

Likes Dirt
I have been using Codes and i dont like them because of the maintenance. I have to bleed my Codes every 2 weeks roughly. (I am bleeding them right. When the bike shop bleeds them they only last 5 days). The Dot 4 brake fluid is annoying and the Dot 5.1 brake fluid is hard to buy.
I would probably go the Saints. The Shimano mineral oil doesnt seem to get the air bubble. And they are reasonably powerful.

zanus

Likes Dirt
Cant wait for my codes to be up and running. But i remeber keiran volc's ole codes. They were the motif for me getting them. They were the best thing since sliced sex:eek:

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
If you can get the formulas cheaper as you said of crc then get them.Let me remind you not to spend over 1000 dollars on one shipment though or you will have to pay import tax.I payes 300 bucks on about 2g of stuff so it costs alot.

So basicallyget the formuals

Viv92

Eats Squid
I have owned the Ones and Codes.

The Ones are the best brakes I've used by a fair way. The build quality is amazing, the power is scary and they feel awesome. Only problem is the adjustments don't have as big a range as I'd like. They are also insanely light.

You can get them from blacksheep imports in Australia for a damn good price. I paid less there than you would off CRC.

S.

ex offender
If you can't decide what to get then you don't/won't know or care what's "better" anyway - so get whatever's cheapest or comes in the colour you want.

mcurrie

Likes Dirt
ive been using formulas for a season now and they are the best feeling brake i have felt for a while.

pants

Likes Bikes
all of those brakes are the top of the range matey so you know they're all going to be awesome. i've had my codes for a year now and i've never had to bleed them once and that's straight out the box - that's my idea of a good product, no maintenance.

friz

Likes Dirt
I have been using Codes and i dont like them because of the maintenance. I have to bleed my Codes every 2 weeks roughly. (I am bleeding them right. When the bike shop bleeds them they only last 5 days). The Dot 4 brake fluid is annoying and the Dot 5.1 brake fluid is hard to buy.
I would probably go the Saints. The Shimano mineral oil doesnt seem to get the air bubble. And they are reasonably powerful.
I've only had my codes bleed twice, and I got mine when they first came out in 07.

Maris

Likes Dirt
I've just switched from codes to saints, saints are a much simpler design and in my opinion better engineered/built. They dont have pad contact adjustment like the codes but for me have been perfect right out of the box and are super easy to bleed/maintain.

Can't go wrong with saints. Also, ive just bought a pair of '08 saints (f+r) from crc for $200, absolute steal. ;)

I reckon saints are the way to go over Codes....But if you loaded enough to get The Ones then get em...They are the best feeling and most powerful brakes I've ever ridden on.

racketbear_112

Likes Dirt
I would highly recommend the formulas I don't have a pair but my friend does and they feel amazing and have real good power. And even better if you can get them cheaper.