Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Large, strong, skim cap, every day for the past 3 years. Mmmmm.

(when i was a barista, i couldnt help but laugh at the "Decaf, very weak (1/4 shot), skinny late). Seriously, drink warm water.
Having Skim milk in your cuppa by choice is just as bad!:p

Double shot flatty with 2 sugars hits the spot... although im a sucker for a blend43, a MTB flick and some brie & crackers:)

Binaural

Eats Squid
I'm not a latte drinker, never really understood the point of weak coffee myself, but can someone PLEASE explain to me where the concept of handle-less glasses for lattes comes from?

It has to be the most fucking stupid tradition/norm/wankery I have ever seen. I mean its not like a latte is only lukewarm, it's still just as bloody hot, and in case the coffee afficianados haven't noticed, thin glass still conducts heat pretty bloody well.
Lattes are normally made a fair bit cooler than flat whites or cappucinos, so you can drink them prety fast (good for impatient gits like me). Plus, drinking lattes annoys the likes of Piers Akerman and Miranda Devine so I'm all for it :)

I make my morning coffee with Lavazza (sp?), but I don't like the hassle of frothing the milk so I normally just make a shot of coffee with the machine, add the milk and heat it up in the microwave. I'm working in Malaysia at the moment and I'd kill for a good coffee!

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
Black coffee, no sugar. I love a good coffee but I can put up with shit in cases of emergency. A woman at work gets beans in from all over the place and we have a burr grinder at work so it's been pretty good lately!

Ryan

Radministrator
Double shot Espresso / Ristretto every morning, home Espresso machines rock my world. All you people putting any milk of any kind in your coffees are pussies in my book. Especially leitch. I will however agree with him and say that anything Merlo makes is pure crack cocaine in my books.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Espresso/Ristretto for me.

Coffee lovers don't drink coffee with milk in. And if they do, it's for breakfast only.

Bloody milky coffee is the reason that it's so hard to get a decent espresso anywhere.

Andy.G

Likes Dirt
I have a Rancilio Silvia and Rocky grinder ... manual labour coffee !!!

Fresh Mocha Harar or Ishmail Yemeni beans from coffeeco.com.au, ground just right ... Hmmm, O the aroma :p

Aint no excuses here ... and I make a lot of average for the one God shot !!! ;)

The three 's' ... short, strong and sugar. :cool:
(and with some nicely worked milk in the mornings ...)

What about Latte Art ?? ... I do a great 'Mongoloid Smudge' !!

MasterOfReality

After forever
I'm half Italian so I love the stuff.

Espresso coretto (short black with a shot of homemade grappa). Wonderful.

Too bad I cant have it before work in the morning!

And I reckon all those $2000 home coffee machines are a big wank.

arpit

Banned
\

And I reckon all those $2000 home coffee machines are a big wank.
On the contrary, they are superb.

When you need to pull an all nighter, just fill a mug with espresso and you're set!

The 2000 dolllar machine will last you years; 2000 can only buy you so much crack.

You COULD just add a glass of water to a 5 kilo tin of instant coffee, but hey, if you can afford the best, I say go for it!

Last edited:

RCOH

Eats Squid
Double shot Macchiato 2 sugars

or

Double shot Cap with 3.

I didn't drink coffee before I was about 21-22. Maybe because my parents didn't 'do' cafes & only drunk instant. Now though I can't operate properly in the morning without it. The smell of freshly ground beans has to be one of the most pleasurable experiances around.

I am currently waiting for my work cafe to open so I can get a damn coffee!

binner

Hath shat hymself
bean it yup

ahhh atleast 3 dble shot flat whites on a work day for me, Merlo "Forza" blend is my poison. No sugar necessary.Gets me thru the day and helps build my ulcer count up in my stomach plus ruins my teeth.....I luv it!!!!

mmmmm I'm off to make a cup o joe....

ps ...when I re did my kitchen I almost bought a in wall coffee machine but my missus said she would leave me if I did....:confused: woman huh ;)

MasterOfReality

After forever
On the contrary, they are superb.

When you need to pull an all nighter, just fill a mug with espresso and you're set!

The 2000 dolllar machine will last you years; 2000 can only buy you so much crack.

You COULD just add a glass of water to a 5 kilo tin of instant coffee, but hey, if you can afford the best, I say go for it!
True true, but I still think you can't beat the coffee that comes from one of these

Attachments

binner

Hath shat hymself
espresso's all around

True true, but I still think you can't beat the coffee that comes from one of these
those coffee makers are the shizzz !!!!! but I still like to pull out the ol Bodum coffee press, still nothing beats a industrial WEGA coffee machine,,,mmmm polished stainless with burnished copper inlays and long steam pipes...mmmm mmm *oh ahem back to coffee*

my father inlaw actually goes to the trouble of roasting his beans and hand grinds em then smashes down macchiato's all nite...now thats a hit of caffeine for you....solid guy ;)

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
For me it's a toss up between a latte (for speed), flat white (for cred) or a macchiato (when I don't want too much of that silly milk wasting space and I need a coffee hit fast).

Working at Mitchell in Canberra is bad though as we have Jindebah Hills here who roast their own blends. Mitchell is a hole when it comes to food but it has some of the best coffee in the ACT.

If I'm not gettng someone else to make it and I want okay coffee I'll use a plunger, if I want good coffee I'll use my stove top perc.

In the cupboard I have a vintage Atomic espresso machine in coffee coloured wrinkle finish. Makes a damn nice brew but very labor intensive as tamping of the grounds, coarseness of the grind, temp of the gas flame all have a huge impact on the final product. I really need to spend 3 months learning how to get the best from it.

TonyG

Likes Dirt
I'm just enjoying my first Large Flat White with one, as we speak. I generally have 2 a day, but on a busy day where I know I'll be here till 10 or 12 I'll get 3 or 4 or of these bad boys.
I'm definitely an adict, i couldnt function with out a coffee in the morning.

matty_101

Likes Dirt
Double shot macchiato for me, i recently bought some illy espresso grounds, its not quite as good as the coffee that we do at my cafe, but its definately a nice wake up. ive been having problems with my machine lately, the steamer isnt coming out hot enough any more, and i de-scaled the whole machine hoping it would help, but no. im up for a new one it seems.

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Tim Horton's all the way, baby.

Canadians know what I'm talkin' about...:cool:
Bah, so many Canadians rave about bloody Timmys. Okay, so I tried it.

Basic gist is that it's pretty uninspiring coffe but at least it's consistent.

Good bagel range though...