Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That looks a lot like the olde world pipe a hipster would use after packing their portable rust collection in front of a cafe. Only to discover (but ignore) the no smoking at sidewalk dining local law.

dej

Likes Bikes
Got 250g of campos geisha esmeralda during the week.
Had previously only had it made with a commercial machine but got this for home.
Ground using a hario grinder and brewed with a stovetop and add a dash of milk
Makes a nice smooth coffee with no bitterness and a lasting taste.

Worth trying if you can get a pack

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For all you Cairns folk, as of next Sunday I'll be jumping behind the machine at Caffiend (and soon to also be Ten One Twenty) serving all the Proud Mary goodness you can handle! I've just moved into town, so come down and say hi - would be great to meet some other local Burners.

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Someone at work asked me about my Keep Cup that was sitting on my desk, so I showed them the website.

Turns out the glass Keep Cups are now available.

http://www.keepcup.com.au/keepcup-store/design-your-own/brew

You can get Lt Ed cork rings too.

View attachment 290878

http://www.keepcup.com.au/keepcup-store/keepcup-series/brew-limited
Got two of these, absolutely awesome. Definitely hand wash only tho. Keep Cup say it can handle top shelf in the dishwasher, but the cork on one of mine has started to come apart in a few spots.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New cafe in town here....Welsh Blacks (that is a type of beef cattle and the cafe is on Bull St). I have been promised the chance to try a carbonated coffee that is served something like beer. The system is not yet operational. This is a new concept to me, so if anyone can shed some light on the matter.....?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
No, but...
First Tony Abbot, Julie Bishop etc.....and now carbonated coffee...

That's it, I'm signing off, we're doomed.
We may well be. I think it will be based off a cold press, so black and syrupy. Might be the key to unlocking our brain and moving to another dimension...might not be though.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably something like this.

[video=youtube;LkJKmiOcsv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkJKmiOcsv4[/video]

cha_cha_

Likes Dirt
paramount in sydney have been doing them on and off for a while now. i don't think it's a permanent fixture on the menu, more of a special occasions kind of deal. i haven't tried them, but i mean i wasted 25 years of my life enjoying coke so there might be something to it...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Liking the coffee @ Run Rabbit Run at Castlemaine, just down from Castlemaine Cycles.
Now I am on the edge of my seat.... If this turns out to be one of those moments where some hipster has seen the book in the Penguin paperback stand and run with the name I could explode. Lucky I am a long way from this place and surrounded by people who wouldn't notice if I did.

OR it turns out to be the owner's favourite book and then I would have respect for them.