Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry, never heard of the book.

Just the Rob Zombie song, Run rabbit run.
Hardly your fault, but I will speak to your wife about it.

A Rob Zombie inspired cafe could be quite a rad place!

Now to tie it all together and go back to enjoying good coffee (regardless of cafe's name), the book is also referenced by Pink Floyd in some of their music.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Starting to run low on the Whistler Roasting Company stuff.

Have tried finding places online to buy it, but can't keep seem to find anything.

I hope it isn't one of those things you have to fly over Canada just for, oh god.

Soo, at a chance,, does anyone know if it is possible to buy Whistler Roasting Company stuff online and have it shipped here?

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
No idea about the methods required, but if you know someone there...get them to post some over?
Yeah that might be the last attempt.

I was just hoping there was some top secret web site that has it and can ship it here that I haven't found yet.

And yes, we do have friends that live in Canada, they live on the North shore, I don't know if Whistler Roasting Company stuff is sold elsewhere in Canada or just at Nesters.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Who doesn't like a grave dig every now and then?

I was in Glebe for a bit this evening and noticed a cafe in which I had a paticularly awkward date a few years ago was closed down. Its replacement giving the vibe of serious hipster coffee wank with a terrible pun attempt name lured me in.

Cons:
- more wank than I thought! 2 coffee bars set up, one was all pour over and syphon specific. Dude there wa s working hard at producing nothing (literally!) Just moving lots and making noise. Cafe had about 6 people in it.
- really irritating lights that were attempting to replicate ye olde light bulb yellow glow.
- terrible music. I don't care how ironic it is, pop music is always a bad choice. Especially that bubbly comercial post punk poop.
- terrible pun name.

Pros:
- coffee was pretty good. Ordered a piccolo and macchiato. The piccolo was excellent, well balanced with a sweet note. The macchiato tasted a little flat and was presented poorly, but didn't dissapoint.
- service found a good balance between too much and too little.

Anyway if you are in the area and looking for a brew, these guys hooked me up with 2 above average drinks. This is them:

http://www.brewristas.com.au

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Who doesn't like a grave dig every now and then?

I was in Glebe for a bit this evening and noticed a cafe in which I had a paticularly awkward date a few years ago was closed down. Its replacement giving the vibe of serious hipster coffee wank with a terrible pun attempt name lured me in.
I'll gamble on it being Badde Manors. What are you doing running around there in the rain?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wooooo coffeee!!!

Sup frands
You're among friends here...nice grab dig.

I'll gamble on it being Badde Manors. What are you doing running around there in the rain?
Those guys have been there forever, I quite like their sweets and gelatin. I put a link to the cafe's web site at the bottom of the post...they're still there and trading strong, is called Brewristas. I recently had a macchiato there that I would have rated 10/10. It was amazing.

That post was from a long time ago, but I'm going to guess that it was raining (like it is now...on-off-on-off-repeat) so I took myself for an excursion of food coffee and public transport (like I think I will today).

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Those guys have been there forever, I quite like their sweets and gelatin. I put a link to the cafe's web site at the bottom of the post...they're still there and trading strong, is called Brewristas. I recently had a macchiato there that I would have rated 10/10. It was amazing.
Ok, will check that one out. BTW this place is fairly good on my Ramen index http://ramengoku.com.au/ If I have to be bit grumpy then I'll say they use a bit of MSG in there.

That post was from a long time ago, but I'm going to guess that it was raining (like it is now...on-off-on-off-repeat) so I took myself for an excursion of food coffee and public transport (like I think I will today).
Doh, I should have paid attention to that one :) I've spent some time in tow at Glebe markets while my mind is thinking of singletrack.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Possibly still are haha. I haven't tried the Coles coffee. But 7/11 does it for me

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Mate you've gotta get yourself over to the servo at the 9 ways and get amongst it! You may need to line-up with a few smacking, but worth it...

***I drank one once. It tasted like battery acid and made me piss a lot. So if that's your thing (which the 7-11 love suggests) go nuts.

My new years resolution was to give up coffee....so far so good.
You work from home and live in a bit of a regional area don't you?

Ok, will check that one out. BTW this place is fairly good on my Ramen index http://ramengoku.com.au/ If I have to be bit grumpy then I'll say they use a bit of MSG in there.

Doh, I should have paid attention to that one :) I've spent some time in tow at Glebe markets while my mind is thinking of singletrack.
The things we do for love...there used to be a thread on here somewhere detailing some cruisy inner city rides around that area. I never got around to scoping them out, the only times I'm deep in the big smoke with my bike indulge in a bit of street riding.

Ramen shop added to my list. I love ramen in the winter.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ramen shop added to my list. I love ramen in the winter.
Same here, definitely a winter sport. Any recommendations? I give Gumshara at Eating Worlds Garlic Tonkotsu the stamp of approval. Ramenosan at the Sussex Street Food court at Chinatown is also worthy, along with Ryo's at North Sydney.

If we insist on turning into fat bastards then good ramen is the way to do it properly :whistle:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Same here, definitely a winter sport. Any recommendations? I give Gumshara at Eating Worlds Garlic Tonkotsu the stamp of approval. Ramenosan at the Sussex Street Food court at Chinatown is also worthy, along with Ryo's at North Sydney.

If we insist on turning into fat bastards then good ramen is the way to do it properly :whistle:
Ramen is a health food. I'm a tonkatsu ramem fan myself, but will hit any flavour with joy.

- Emu in Hakuba, Nagano Prefecture, Japan...it's near the train station.

But if you mean local there is a shop in Sorry Hills that does a tasty arse massive bowl. I can't remember their name.

Also down into one of the old arcades just off George Street I csyndey cbd is a pretty good cluster of Japanese diners.

I'm real good with directions.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ramen is a health food. I'm a tonkatsu ramem fan myself, but will hit any flavour with joy.

- Emu in Hakuba, Nagano Prefecture, Japan...it's near the train station.
Thanks, Mrs lived in Japan for 10 years so will put that one on the list.

But if you mean local there is a shop in Sorry Hills that does a tasty arse massive bowl. I can't remember their name.
Ah, this guy I'll bet.
http://www.komachi.com.au/2012/04/06/the-ramen-challenge/

Also down into one of the old arcades just off George Street I csyndey cbd is a pretty good cluster of Japanese diners.
Yayoi isn't a Ramen shop but damn great for the $$$ too. Two of them in the CDB.
On the list for you my colourful canine friend.
http://www.yayoi.com.au/

I'm real good with directions.
Blame GPS and if someone can't figure out 'that a way' then it isn't your fault.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Get around the 7/11 coffees.. $2 and tastes gooood!
You sir owe me $1. I'm going to come around and wash your filthy mouth out with soap!

I was going past a 7-11 and thought to myself "here's a chance for a laugh..." and boy was I in for a treat! First of all the coffee was half the price ii was expecting ($2 down to $1). Then there was lining up with people who seemed they'd be incompetent with a toilet brush failing to use the machines. Finally my chance arrived and...

...there it was, my own shimmering cup of shit. I chose a flat white.

Tasting notes
- Strong over tones of bitter
- Strong acidic flavour
- Flat flavour with no depth
- No aroma
- Absence of milky or creamy texture/flavour
- Holy shit that's hot!
- Accompanied well by the lonely Island song "I threw it on the ground".

I managed to burn myself on the first sip, at approx 3 minutes. I then attempted a second sip at 10 minutes and again burnt myself. This was difficult to do as I was on a bus. At 15 minutes it was still to hot to drink, though no longer scalding. Finally the 20 minute mark and it was able to be consumed...but it was.not palleteable. I can not think of a single good thing to say about it. Even at $1 I felt like I'd been ripped off.

Pics are important.

DSC_2101~2.jpg
DSC_2103~2.jpg