Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

I recently got roped into a sustainability workshop at work, one of the metrics for how fucked we are under the various scenarios was how much land was left that was suitable for the growing of coffee beans

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've said before, love the Aeropress.

I go for a longer coffee rather than espresso though - only tip I have is add coffee and water when inverted, then flip it over before pressing.

Tend to go for lighter roasts (don't add milk) and I grind fairly coarsely, not sure what it is because my hand grinder broke so I had to fix it into a single position.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I still haven't pulled the trigger on anything and I keep coming up with excuses to extend my budget

Please tell me I really don't need a heat exchange machine and I'm just in the midst of a mid analysis "might as well buy something I won't feel like upgrading in 12 months" excuse

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I still haven't pulled the trigger on anything and I keep coming up with excuses to extend my budget

Please tell me I really don't need a heat exchange machine and I'm just in the midst of a mid analysis "might as well buy something I won't feel like upgrading in 12 months" excuse
Sounds like you're going to buy that Elektra then. All sorted! Glad to have been of assistance.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Aeropress update .... currently drinking shit aeropress coffee, my worst yet. It was still worthwhile though for the 5 mins away from actually working.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've said before, love the Aeropress.

I go for a longer coffee rather than espresso though - only tip I have is add coffee and water when inverted, then flip it over before pressing.

Tend to go for lighter roasts (don't add milk) and I grind fairly coarsely, not sure what it is because my hand grinder broke so I had to fix it into a single position.
I love the aeropress for camping, taking to povo relatives places who only have instant etc. Definitely add coffee and water while inverted, and Ive found giving the whole shebang and gentle stir before attaching the lid/filter and pressing really improves taste. Also the paper filters make a better brew than the re-usable stainless filters.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My Aeropress method (for two)

Invert and add freshly ground beans (course)

Add water up to about the 2 mark then stir until mixed

Fill the milk frother (cheapo job that works kind of ok)

Add the rest of the water and put the filter on (paper, pre wet) and set a 1min timer

At one min I press the coffee evenly between two glasses and turn on the milk froth

Add milk and enjoy.

This works pretty well for me, roughly 20ish grams of beans from memory but these days I just do it by feel when adding beans to the grinder. Water should be just below a boil. Either turn the kettle off early or turn it on 10ish mins before you want to brew.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Don't get a heat exchanger. They waste heaps of water and need filtered water.

Honestly for home use you don't need anymore then a good single boiler. Spend the money on a good grinder.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Honestly for home use you don't need anymore then a good single boiler. Spend the money on a good grinder.

And the Elektra

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Same, I reckon heat exchangers are a bit over the top for domestic coffee making.. Apart from being able to steam and brew at the same time, the coffee that comes out will be no different than a single
Boiler. They take 30mins + to heat up as well..

discofrank

Likes Dirt
anyone good a good source of beens or pre ground for cold brew?
i have a decent cold brew maker, and currently using harris coffee ( it was free! ) its not bad but sure could be better

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
anyone good a good source of beens or pre ground for cold brew?
i have a decent cold brew maker, and currently using harris coffee ( it was free! ) its not bad but sure could be better
Mycuppa.com.au will do filter pre-grind for you.