Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks, Mrs lived in Japan for 10 years so will put that one on the list.

Ah, this guy I'll bet.
http://www.komachi.com.au/2012/04/06/the-ramen-challenge/

Yayoi isn't a Ramen shop but damn great for the $$$ too. Two of them in the CDB.
On the list for you my colourful canine friend.
http://www.yayoi.com.au/
Well then...there is also a great ramen shop on the main strip of shops in Shin-Akakura, in Myoko-shi. You'll know you're there because they hare built over an Onsen, steamy as fuck in the winter!

Kkomachi would be the one. There's an awesome Polish place nearby as well. It has Alchemy in the name.

Yahoo looks real good.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Well then...there is also a great ramen shop on the main strip of shops in Shin-Akakura, in Myoko-shi. You'll know you're there because they hare built over an Onsen, steamy as fuck in the winter!
I'll take these on board for the Japan tour. She still remembers here way around and can still speak Japanese so I'm good to go. Haven't been to a Onsen but have been to the hot springs at Beitou in Taipei. Everyone's see everyone's tackle that day :)

Kkomachi would be the one. There's an awesome Polish place nearby as well. It has Alchemy in the name.
You have spent too much time there.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
It would certainly help, though some days when I did work from home it made things worse. Nobody on your back to sit at the desk looking like you're productive and a quest for coffee perfection...
Yep, you were spot on. Work from home and live regional. Done so for many years. However in 10 days, me off to Trump land.....giddy up

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll take these on board for the Japan tour. She still remembers here way around and can still speak Japanese so I'm good to go. Haven't been to a Onsen but have been to the hot springs at Beitou in Taipei. Everyone's see everyone's tackle that day :)

You have spent too much time there.
The Onsen is so good. So good.

The Polish place has taken a lot of my money. I've felt it any less than 9/10.

Yep, you were spot on. Work from home and live regional. Done so for many years. However in 10 days, me off to Trump land.....giddy up
Making holidays great again!

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You sir owe me $1. I'm going to come around and wash your filthy mouth out with soap!

I was going past a 7-11 and thought to myself "here's a chance for a laugh..." and boy was I in for a treat! First of all the coffee was half the price ii was expecting ($2 down to $1). Then there was lining up with people who seemed they'd be incompetent with a toilet brush failing to use the machines. Finally my chance arrived and...

...there it was, my own shimmering cup of shit. I chose a flat white.

Tasting notes
- Strong over tones of bitter
- Strong acidic flavour
- Flat flavour with no depth
- No aroma
- Absence of milky or creamy texture/flavour
- Holy shit that's hot!
- Accompanied well by the lonely Island song "I threw it on the ground".

I managed to burn myself on the first sip, at approx 3 minutes. I then attempted a second sip at 10 minutes and again burnt myself. This was difficult to do as I was on a bus. At 15 minutes it was still to hot to drink, though no longer scalding. Finally the 20 minute mark and it was able to be consumed...but it was.not palleteable. I can not think of a single good thing to say about it. Even at $1 I felt like I'd been ripped off.

Pics are important.

View attachment 336214
View attachment 336216
I am indeed sorry about your negative experience. I quite thorough enjoy the cappuccinos that are dispensed out of that mighty machine haha. If i see you around ill give you a gold one for your troubles ;)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I am indeed sorry about your negative experience. I quite thorough enjoy the cappuccinos that are dispensed out of that mighty machine haha. If i see you around ill give you a gold one for your troubles ;)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
If it wasn't for the sake of science, I would not have finished the cup.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Still loving the aeropress at work.

This is my on-the-road setup, so I don't need to endure terrible roadhouse/7-11 coffee

Attachments

poita

Likes Dirt
Aeropress addict here too, great at work or out and about. Don't often risk untested cafes, machine at home is still making its money back and pumps a sweet shot. Izzo Alex leva.

Flow-Rider

Burner
You sir owe me $1. I'm going to come around and wash your filthy mouth out with soap!
(snip)
Pics are important.
Sorry I had a good laugh reading that, I would've loved to see your facial expressions on the bus.

It pretty much reminds me of my Zarraffa's Coffee experience.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Still loving the aeropress at work.

This is my on-the-road setup, so I don't need to endure terrible roadhouse/7-11 coffee
Aeropress addict here too, great at work or out and about. Don't often risk untested cafes, machine at home is still making its money back and pumps a sweet shot. Izzo Alex leva.
Aaaahhhhhhh aeropress. It's not for me. Certainly better than a lot of other methods and reasonably drinkable, I just haven't been able to love it as many others do. I recently attended a cafe in Japan where all their coffee was made with aeropress. I admire the simplicity that is coffee in a lot of Japanese cafes. Common simple methods are drip filter, pour over, French press, and (newer) aeropress. Of course there is also the syphon and a growing espresso culture...I couldn't imagine such a simple approach being viable in Australia, our espresso dependency is so strong.

Sorry I had a good laugh reading that, I would've loved to see your facial expressions on the bus.

It pretty much reminds me of my Zarraffa's Coffee experience.
I'd imagine it was pretty funny. The combination of self amusement, panic from fear of spilling the shit on myself as the bus jersey, bumped and rumbled along, the disgust at the flavour, the pain of being hurt, the self loathing for giving it a go...

poita

Likes Dirt
I find the aeropress very susceptible to shit beans and incorrect grind. And it really only sings with nice lightly roasted beans, preferably single origin. It isn't much chop with an espresso roast, in fact of go so far to say it's not worth trying.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find the aeropress very susceptible to shit beans and incorrect grind. And it really only sings with nice lightly roasted beans, preferably single origin. It isn't much chop with an espresso roast, in fact of go so far to say it's not worth trying.
Well, yeah. That's kind of the point. Aeropress is a filter brewer, benefiting from a filter roast.

All lightly roasted coffee has the ability to exhibit flaws within the raw product, and this same thing is what makes it desirable, because it will demonstrate qualities within the bean that is not seen if you push it out past 2nd crack.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well, yeah. That's kind of the point. Aeropress is a filter brewer, benefiting from a filter roast.

All lightly roasted coffee has the ability to exhibit flaws within the raw product, and this same thing is what makes it desirable, because it will demonstrate qualities within the bean that is not seen if you push it out past 2nd crack.
Burn those flavours right out...I like to be able to grind my beans in the palm of my hand.

Binaural

Eats Squid
So my espresso machine is busted and I am full-time on the Aeropress and cold brew. I was always told that you choose and grind your coffee exactly as you would for an espresso machine, but I am seeing on this page that this is incorrect? Should I be grinding coarsely rather than finely? I use the sintered metal disc filter and brew upside down already, so don't mind changing my ways.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should definitely be more coarse than espresso. For a paper filter I usually go a little finer than a pour over filter grind, with a metal disc filter you probably want to aim closer to filter.