Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Ordered a 'small' latte, got a 'soy' latte. Just about ruined my day.

Anyway on the topic of home brew / camp brew, I have tried a few ways and in the end simple is bst - I do turkish.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Hwats worse, building new cars and shipping them around the world or keeping old cars going for 30+years?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I worked out recently that I've made well over 10,000 coffees on the espresso machine I bought 15 years ago.

Probably car-sized savings in that, although I can't seem to locate all the spare change I haven't spent on takeaway coffee.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I worked out recently that I've made well over 10,000 coffees on the espresso machine I bought 15 years ago.

Probably car-sized savings in that, although I can't seem to locate all the spare change I haven't spent on takeaway coffee.
Yeah my home machine runs non stop.
I'd be financially better off too... If only I didn't have terrible upgraditis

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
$7 coffee is unsustainable. I got a lot of hipster mates who bang on about quality this and supply chain woes and all that. They certainly aren't poor, but the workers seem to be doing slave wages.
It may well be, but jumping from $4 / $4.50 to $5.85 already felt quite a bit, even though I am all for paying a little more for coffee given where it is grown and export costs.

I also make nearly all of my coffees myself, but do like the occasional flat white (soy haha).

Robot baristas will keep the price down - and the remaining baristas will be working in high end (expensive) establishments selling an "experience"

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
If only I didn't have terrible upgraditis
Yeah, there's only so many things in life once can justify the upgradeitis bug (and bikes are the deserving candidate there) - I figured I'd buy one decent coffee machine and forget about it.

Haven't ventured near coffee machine shops since.