Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Those two group machines take up a lot of bench space though!

You've also got to factor in the warm up time which would be more for a double group than a single!

Old man is looking at some of those. Mum worked in a cafe so wanted a commercial machine, besides wanting to one up me. Question is are they stupidly power hungry? I've heard standby power is quite the thing?
It would be significant given the warm up time

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Compared to domestic machine they are very hungry. The older machines also take a long time to warm up, so a quick coffee won't be a thing unless the machine is always on.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
So I buy two Sunbeam EM6910 machines for parts at $25 each.

Both work and just need group head seals.

Both need a major clean though. Argh. People

ausdb

Being who he is
So I buy two Sunbeam EM6910 machines for parts at $25 each.

Both work and just need group head seals.

Both need a major clean though. Argh. People
I had a couple of EM6910's early on in my coffee journey, make sure you clean out under the grey bit where the float sensor for the water level switch lives. It gets nice and slimy and manky in there after a while. If they've been sitting for a long time unused the water softener resin will also be pretty nasty, you can bust them open and repack them as a 500g bag of ion exchange resin is about the same price as one replacement softener and you will have a supply that will outlast the machine.
I think I may but don't hang your life on it have a blue silicone group gasket still from my last one, I can check tomorrow as I'm not working. Pretty sure I do have a spare portafilter you can have if you want.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thanks dude.

I’ll take you up on your offer for the silicon seal if you can find it.

I’m using Pureau cask water in my machine, so have the filter removed, but thanks for your tip, one of these “parts” machines will be for the kids decaf and I’ll repacking it’s filter.

Binaural

Eats Squid
I've had a few friends with that Breville machine. They were happy with it and Breville tend to have a better reputation than delonghi.
A good mate of mine (former colleague) works in a senior position in the mechanical design team there. Can attest to the quality of design going on there, they know what they're about. Have nothing but good words to say about the couple of machines I've owned from them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Currently doing a bit of cash work I'd hadn't intended on. I am tea
Thanks dude.

I’ll take you up on your offer for the silicon seal if you can find it.

I’m using Pureau cask water in my machine, so have the filter removed, but thanks for your tip, one of these “parts” machines will be for the kids decaf and I’ll repacking it’s filter.
You monster. My grandmother never gave me decaf and I'm fine!!!

Binaural

Eats Squid
Cocoa and Coffee on Parramatta road in Stanmore have shot up on my radar for great beans in Sydney. Any given day, you can rock up and get some really good beans roasted that day. There's really something about recently roasted beans that I just love.