Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Cocoa and Coffee on Parramatta road in Stanmore have shot up on my radar for great beans in Sydney. Any given day, you can rock up and get some really good beans roasted that day. There's really something about recently roasted beans that I just love.
The degassing?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Cocoa and Coffee on Parramatta road in Stanmore have shot up on my radar for great beans in Sydney. Any given day, you can rock up and get some really good beans roasted that day. There's really something about recently roasted beans that I just love.
If you're in the area try Euroespresso. Family owned business, Marcello roasts the best beans in Sydney in my opinion.

I bought my coffee machine there.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I love the aroma and even flavour of fresh out of the roaster coffee!

Binaural

Eats Squid
If you're in the area try Euroespresso. Family owned business, Marcello roasts the best beans in Sydney in my opinion.

I bought my coffee machine there.
I have been buying my beans there for years! They do the big bins though, so they don't quite have that "Just roasted" tang though.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
From memory he had opinion on that - I think he wanted a week or two’s delay.

I miss that place.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
About 7 days is the normal degassing/resting/aging period for fresh coffee beans. I used to live around the corner from a local roaster and loved getting them fresh off the grill!

My poor rhino grinder is giving up.

The plastic thing on the handle that meets the plastic thing on the grinder broke. Still worked fine though which made me thank the designers for choosing against inbuilt obsolescence but made me wonder why the plastic bits were there in the first place,

Now it only grinds on one of the three chambers. I guess daily use for 3 1/2 years is a good run.

Now to decide whether to just replace it with the same or upgrade to one that runs on electrickery.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
commandante, do it:p
Jesus I'm more game to ask for permission to buy the Donald Takayama surfboard in my local surf shop than that !!
The high-alloyed, high-nitrogen stainless steel burrs grind the coffee beans with uniform precision and propel fresh aromas into the air.
Sounds as much of a load of marketing waffle shit as that video about starting your own wheel company...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Sounds as much of a load of marketing waffle shit as that video about starting your own wheel company...
The specialty coffee world is just as full - if not moreso - with pseudoscience BS than bikes. So yes, the high-nitrogen burrs propel aromas into the air. It's physics, duh.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All I'm hearing is the pancreas needs a full kitchen overhaul... Elektra so how group lever machine, EK43 grinder, some bespoke hand make ceramics...