Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Petero

Likes Dirt
How do you folks even have enough money to buy bicycles?

Anyway need some side advice. My frother has gone nuts. It's pressure is stupidly high such thatit makes a complete mess of milk, no longer silky, just huge bubbles and coarse texture. Is this a due for a clean thing? I just ran vinegar through it a few weeks ago?
Have you checked if it's blocked or tried cleaning/clearing the spout? Smaller orifice will mean higher velocity so could be that rather than the actual machine..

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Looking for recommendations for an espresso machine. small to medium size, milk frother a bonus, but the espresso making part is most critical. what sort of features, brands and price point should I be considering? don't want to spend a fortune, but don't want a cheapo shitter machine either.
Not interested in pod coffee machines.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
How do you folks even have enough money to buy bicycles?

Anyway need some side advice. My frother has gone nuts. It's pressure is stupidly high such thatit makes a complete mess of milk, no longer silky, just huge bubbles and coarse texture. Is this a due for a clean thing? I just ran vinegar through it a few weeks ago?
Not sure what machine you’re running but it sounds like either the boiler is super charged or you are just not used to it working properly. The Silvia needs to be run on partial steam throttle (knob) at the start of milking if you leave it charging too long.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Looking for recommendations for an espresso machine. small to medium size, milk frother a bonus, but the espresso making part is most critical. what sort of features, brands and price point should I be considering? don't want to spend a fortune, but don't want a cheapo shitter machine either.
The Rancilio Silvia is a solid machine for home. Budget for a decent grinder too and then you’re set for 10 years!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Elektra...lever machine. Thousands.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
If you can stump up for Lelit pid machine you're pretty much set for life.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
f on machine it may just be blowing super hard now it is clean inside. Or maybe there is a partial obstruction in the pipe that concentrates the steam making it come out more abruptly. Have you tried putting the tip of the wand in different angles and depths f the milk at the beginning of operations ? Get the jug on a nice angle too as this gives more surface area to the milk.
Yeah was wroknig great for a long time and then it juts decided to go nuts. Going to run some dedicated wand cleaner stuff and see if that helps. Had 2 days of shit coffee now.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Breville BES 840 and a decent burr grinder

creaky

XMAS Plumper

They do look awesome and would be a serious option if my 9yo Silvia ever craps itself.

What is the local parts and service support like for the Lelit brand?

Oddjob

They do look awesome and would be a serious option if my 9yo Silvia ever craps itself.

Pretty much the same as the Silvia. I go to Jetblack in Sydney.

SummitFever

Eats Squid

Cool. I must check these out. I need a new machine for my conference room. The current machine makes a good coffee but the steam wand is a bit under powered, so texturing milk takes too long.

Any experience with the Lelit Anna (PL41TEMD) PID Single Boiler and what it's steam wand output is like?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark, that's a new bike, AND a fuckton of my favourite ground coffee.
When on a budget and wanting great espresso, the Sunbeam thermoblock machines cannot be passed up. You’ll pay 200-250 for a good second hand one. EM6900/7000/7100. Coffee machines are like bikes, owners are always looking to trade up.

You need a conical burr grinder. Thats not negotiable. Sunbeam or Breville make fine budget ones , you’ll just need to clean more regularly then more expensive ones.

goobags

Likes Dirt
I have a Lelit non-PID single boiler. If I were to buy again I would get a something with a dedicated steam boiler particularly if various people were going to use it. The single boiler is OK for at home but once you go past 3 or 4 coffees in succession it’s a pain.

Also never ship anything to Jetblack for a service, only ever drop it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

Just thinking about the parts and service aspect - Is anyone here who owns a decent espresso machine Melbourne based? service needs to be local, when we are finally allowed out, that is... As goobags said, drop-off only

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Just thinking about the parts and service aspect - Is anyone here who owns a decent espresso machine Melbourne based? service needs to be local, when we are finally allowed out, that is... As goobags said, drop-off only
Coffee machines aren't that hard to service/repair, they have less parts than bikes.

Oddjob

Cool. I must check these out. I need a new machine for my conference room. The current machine makes a good coffee but the steam wand is a bit under powered, so texturing milk takes too long.

Any experience with the Lelit Anna (PL41TEMD) PID Single Boiler and what it's steam wand output is like?
I think that's my one. Steam wand is good but it has a tiny boiler so can only handle frothing for two large milk coffees at a time.

If you need more steam capacity look at the Lelit Victoria which auto fills the boiler to give unlimited steaming.

Personally I don't dig dual boilers and hx machines because of the increased cleaning, and I'm lazy.

To really jump the shark, check out decent espresso https://decentespresso.com/overview