Coffs Downhill club race day Saturday 5th February results!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Coffs Downhill race report for Saturday 5th February, Mt Coramba.

Our most recent club round was staged on a day with temperatures in the mid thirties on the coast. In the hills it was a little better with some shade to take some shelter in between runs.
Sixteen guys showed up for our “local’s only” event and everyone seemed pretty breathless at the end of each run. Was it from the heat? Was it from pinning a run or was it from something we haven’t seen much of lately: Dust! Either way, everyone was keen to get on the trailer and head up for some more action on a track that turned into a race track real quick. Some sections had been smoothed out overnight with some track work and made some turns and braking areas smoother and quicker. I knew we’d see the times from our last race fall as we had some guys on bikes who liked their brakes so much that they didn’t want to use them in fear of wearing their pads out.
We kicked off timed runs just after lunch and this time we had a new dude getting our riders out of the gate. Mike did a great job of recording who jumped the start and who got off on the money. Thanks Mike!
I’d issued number plates in an order that wouldn’t have too many guys getting caught. The number one plate went to Josh Button who came down on his first run with a 3.52.30. That run turned out to be the best of the day and the best ever timed run on the race track in its current form. Sean MC nailed second place on the next run behind Josh with a 4.06.40 showing that you can do a handful of runs on a foreign track and pick it up quick if you have the knack. Our third quickest run of the weekend was done by Robert Townsend with a 4.07.50. This guy keeps getting quicker and will be the pace setter one day boys so follow him and see what he does!
The first of the 2450 lads across the line was sixth placed James Price. His times improve each event as he learns the ins and outs of the venue and will continue to pick up as often as he practices. Some of the other locals seemed to be in fairy land all day and just cruised down in their race runs. Was it the heat? The dust or their frilly undies that stopped them going quicker? We had a couple of guys come a cropper and one is even sporting some breaks in his wrist. I’d like to see what Ryley’s time was without the breakage as the word on the hill is that he is on it! Jono Plews enjoyed his new machine and will probably go quicker with some shiney new red rims. Jordan did…….exactly what he does every other time and that is something totally unpredictable! He ended up buggering something and bummed a run on Dug’s back up bike. He didn’t break it so he managed to leave with his soul intact.
Thanks to Ken Murphy for driving all day, thanks to Ventoux Cycles for the rad van and thanks to the Bromley’s for the totally tops trailer. Without that stuff we don’t race so make sure you pat them on the back and support them when you can.
Thanks also for the kind gift guys and girls. I’ll continue to do what I can to make our thing as fun as can be. Your appreciation is great!
Well done everyone, thanks for coming along. Our next locals only race is scheduled for March. Please contact me for the details. We are also putting a plan together for the state round in July and we need volunteers! If you can offer some time over the weekend of July 9 and 10 you will be rewarded. We need plenty of helpers so please let me know if you can help out!
Here are the times!
Josh Button 3.52.30
Sean MC 4.06.40
Robert Townsend 4.07.50
James Murphy 4.10.74
Damien B 4.12.96
James Price 4.13.02
Hayden Poptie 4.20.83
Peter Young 4.22.18
Hayden Elks 4.22.43
Jonathon Nash 4.39.24
Jonathon Plews 4.40.30
Nick Crawford 4.51.90
Dug Black 4.59.65
Ryley Shultz DNF
Jordon Collon DNF (You need to cross the finish line to record a time!)
Morgan Peen DNF

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
You did the last jump but you then did a U turn just before the line. That means the clock is still running and ou are yet to finish!:p

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You did the last jump but you then did a U turn just before the line. That means the clock is still running and ou are yet to finish!:p
Record for worlds longest time at Mt Coramba goes to....

Jordan Collon
yay
Congrats mate, well done