Coffs Downhill info - please read

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Please read through this as you need to know this stuff!
A recent discussion between Coffs Downhill Management (CDM for short……) has seen some rules put into place regarding our organized events for the benefit of all involved and to ensure the safety of all involved. Here goes:
1: All entrants are to wear approved full face helmets. This is an old rule which will always be in place. No approved full face means you can’t ride. We highly recommend gloves, knee and shin guards, upper body armor, elbow guards and a neck brace if you have one. Goggles or glasses are also highly recommended.

2: No entrant is to board any shuttle vehicle on an organized event day with the intent of riding any official course of the event. All entrants are to submit their entry form/s and payment on arrival and collect their number plate. Once your plate is fitted you can go nuts!

3: No one is to change any part of the track/s ever. On event days, that means do not change any bunting, do not alter any lines or obstacles. The track/s is a highly precise race track that is built for a purpose. There are people in place to maintain and develop the track/s so please do not ever make any alterations to the course/s. if at any stage you are on a run and some foreign matter appears on the course (a log pulled out, a damn rock or someone’s crank arm) you are permitted and asked to stop off the track and warn any oncoming rider of the obstacle before moving it off the course. You should then let the course official (………me) know what and where and how and who did it. I can then file a report for the coroner and get it fixed.

4: Any entrant under the age of 18 must have parent / guardian consent completed on their entry form before hitting the hill. Simple.

5: No dogs or cats!

6: There isn’t an actual speed limit for the shuttle road so please drive accordingly. I don’t care if you got lessons from Sebastien Loeb on how to rally, the shuttle road is dangerous enough without some hoon driving like a dimwit. Drivers are reminded to slow down in the pit / finish area as some bonehead may have bought his dog with him and the dog may chase the car and have an accident. The obvious point is our downhill days are family days and there is always some little ones around so drive slower………….slower!

7: Management has decided that we will not commence or conclude an event if bad weather interferes (that means if it is raining or has been raining a lot). If it is ridiculously windy we will also consider canning the event as sticks and branches make good spears when falling from seventy feet above you. If we have an event planned and it rains on the days prior to the event than you can assume it will be off. The reasons for this are obvious: The road is dangerous, the high quality gear we have will get wet and you don’t clean or dry it, I’ll get a cold, you’ll laugh at me for talking funny because I have a cold, the track gets trashed when ridden during rain, the road is dangerous, people go whacky when they get wet, the road is dangerous, the track gets stuffed………….get the point? Hosting an event in the rain sucks so we won’t do it. The road is dangerous too!

8: Cheats will be dealt with accordingly on the day. that depends on my mood and what I have within arms reach to hit you with (I have lifted a Mazda 323 off the ground so I could actually manage to hit you with a car and that would be just desserts for a cheat). I can’t Police cheating so it is entirely up to you to do the right honest sporting thing. I would rather come fourth or fifth behind an honest bunch of great riders over coming first by taking a shortcut. That is just plain weak! If you come down the hill and stuff a line and have to go through the bunting, do the right thing and push back to the track where you stuffed up. Don’t cheat, cheating is for losers who don’t belong in the sport. Mt Coramba has plenty of big mine shafts that I could fit several people in if they are caught cheating. Officially, you will be asked to leave after handing your plate back, you will be banned from returning or using the tracks and you will have your name broadcast all over the world by people posting hate videos of you on youtube. See? Not worth it!

9: The road is dangerous when wet so we don’t ride in the wet!

10: When you need to stop on the track (whether it is a race run or a practice run) you need to get off the track! If another rider comes along and doesn’t know your are on the track putting your chain back on he will more than likely plant his tyre in your rear end and you’ll wail. If you can’t get off the track because you somehow managed to get your legs and arms caught in your frame (or you are hurt pretty bad) you have no choice but to yell stuff! The oncoming rider should always be alert and help out an injured or stopped rider needing assistance. If you approach a dude who is off the track and yelling for you to pedal at a jump you must oblige and whip it!

11: Don’t drop your rubbish on the ground. We usually have something for you to put it in so just do it. you managed to bring your stuff with you so you can manage to take it home and put it in your bin. If the forestry see rubbish everywhere they will whack a gate up and lock us out so don’t ruin it for others.

12: I’ll add more as I go, feel free to make any suggestions. Any posts or threads saying the track is not good enough will be dealt with very harshly (as we’ve seen by that dickhead in that other thread). I will always listen and accept any criticism or ideas but I won’t be taken down by some mindless bafoon looking for internet glory.

13: ………………To be advised.