Coffs Downhill results for 12th March 2011!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I had the best seat in the house come race runs in our last Coffs Downhill event for the locals staged on Saturday 12th March 2011.
It was a soggy morning with patches of sun and a predicted shower just before timed runs. Eleven locals showed up and loved the conditions and gave the new section “Ya Mum” big praise. The entry line to Ya Mum isn’t ready yet but it was still rideable and proved to be a tigt and flowing section to offer another option.
As promised, we had a photographer come along who made sure the entrants would put on their best show. Those photos can be seen on the Coffs Downhill Facebook page so check it out!
I knew the times would be slower than usual with the new section adding some length but we also had a shower that made some rear ends tighten up. James Murphy was the first rider over the line and set a time that I thought may the one to beat until the fourth rider James Price came down and toppled it by three tenths of a second! I knew that would be hard to beat as I’ve watched the guys to follow closely over the last few events and I knew James was on it. Hayden Poptie finished the podium in third three seconds behind James and ….James!
Pricey has come a long way from the little kid with freckles we used to watch a few years ago. I won’t give away his secrets but rest assured, he ain’t backing off anytime soon and you all better sit up and pay attention! Well done on your first ever Coffs Downhill win Pricey, it doesn’t seem like a big thing to some and that may be because not many people can claim to have won an event on this course. Welcome to the club!
We have another race scheduled soon which will once again be for our local guys only so please get in contact with me to check the date. Thanks to Al at Ventoux Cycles for the van and driving us and doing the start gate timing, thanks to the Bromley’s for the trailer and thanks to our random drivers! Thanks also to Mike and Hayden for getting Ya Mum ready some hot action!
Results!
1 James Price 4.33.49
2 James Murphy 4.33.83
3 Hayden Poptie 4.36.77
4 Hayden Elks 4.43.39
5 Peter Young 4.54.86
6 Jake Bromley 4.58.36
7 Jonathon Nash 5.00.42***
8 Laurie Poole 5.04.99
9 Nick Crawford 5.21.55
10 John Lee 6.00.59