coil shock on all mountain bike opinions ?

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Coil shocks on all mountain bike. Who's running them,
how you like the difference.
What kind shock/ brand preferences
pics if you feel like

Cheers

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Had a CTD tuned for the Rune and fitted with a Vorsprung Corset.

The Corset was a revelation but changing to the RC4 was that again, squared.

Better traction everywhere, plush, supple and supportive. No bottom out issues and nothing lost in climbing. In fact, climbing is better as well due to better traction.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depends on the frame. They don't work in all applications. My 575 would be a mess with a coil.

moorey

call me Mia
Had a CTD tuned for the Rune and fitted with a Vorsprung Corset.

The Corset was a revelation but changing to the RC4 was that again, squared.

Better traction everywhere, plush, supple and supportive. No bottom out issues and nothing lost in climbing. In fact, climbing is better as well due to better traction.
Yeah, well...you know my thought on the corset. You can have all of that with a good air shock. Just sayin.

By by all means, try it, SP, prolly a loaner out there to give it a try. What air shock you running ATM?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
So are coil shocks good with rising rate ? Pretty sure the Liteville 301 is rising rate .

The 601 is pefect for a spring. 301 should be fine but I ain't no expert.

Drop Liteville an email and see what they say. I asked Banshee and was told there would be no problem going coil.

John U

MTB Precision
There's good reason the suspension marketers go on about air suspension having coil like performance, it's because coils are better.

I'm running coil cane creek db on my all mountain bike. It's heaps better than the air shock the frame came with. I'm also running coil forks. The only way I'd notice the extra weight would be by putting the bike on the scales. I don't weigh it so that problem is solved.