Comic Book Universe (Marvel/DC)

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So,
Haven't really seen anything like this posted recently but,
- Anyone want to offer their opinion on Bats v Super-boy (critics are rubbishing it!)

-Civil War ( I've holding out for this as the big comic-book film of the year... I haven't seen Deadpool as yet though)

Thoughts on the general movie progression etc welcome.....

Minlak

custom titis
Batman vs Superman is another origins movie. Just sets the scene for the justice league block busters to come.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Batman vs Superman is absolute junk sadly. Civil war I don't have high hopes for. Suicide Squad looks cool. Deadpool was awesome.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Batman vs Superman is absolute junk sadly. Civil war I don't have high hopes for. Suicide Squad looks cool. Deadpool was awesome.
If Civil war is of the standard as the pas t Marvel ventures then I'll be happy. The Joker (pun intended) is suicide squad trailers look good so far!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Saw it last night and BvS is not absolute junk. (For that there is Iron Man 3 and Wolverine Origins).
There's plenty of action, Batman is I think is rather well presented and the fight scenes with him in (especially Batman's main solo one) are just how I'd expect to see him portrayed.
WW kicks ass in it too but we could do with more of her in action in it.
It is a little slow to begin with, and for true fans the origin of Doomsday will be considered stupid. Lex got given the Joker's brief, or at least some pages from it.

There are some interesting JL pieces but as has been said, it sets things up.
And the end... They're going to have some explaining to do in the next film....

Is it as good as Winter Soldier? Nowhere near it. The Avengers? Probably not, but it's still worth watching though.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
We've peaked this year already, deadpool wins this year and picks up last year too just because.

I'll still watch all of them, but only proper keen on suicide squad, looks like we might be getting a DC movie with a sense of humour?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I may be in the minority but I thought Iron Man 3 was great. Admittedly Shane Black (who wrote Lethal Weapon) appears to only be able to make 'mis-matched buddy cop' films usually set at Christmas time (see also Last Boy Scout, Kiss, Kiss Bang Bang the upcoming Nice Guys) but he does it so well and Iron Man 3 is no exception.

Orphan Fight; The Movie looks shit. As does all non-Christopher Nolan DC fare.

Got very high hopes for Civil War.

Back on the telly, Daredevil season 2 was the shit. Looks like the producers had been spending the break between seasons watching Banshee as it's turned into the most violent and inventive show out there!

(sadly lacking in Banshee's nudity though)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Jessica Jones was good. First season of Daredevil was also good, second is taking itself too seriously...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For me, Iron Man 3 was the worst of recent releases. The Mandarin, reduced to a comedy distraction. I'd rather sit through The Last Airbender.

Just into DD S2 and it's every bit as good as S1 which I loved. . Jessica Jones took a while to get going and I lost interest. Might have to pick it up again.
I'm also very much enjoying The Flash S2.

I do wonder why film studios take such time and effort to ignore great content from the comics, only to come up short with lashed together mongrels.

Deadpool though... Perfect balance of action and humour.

I'm hoping X-Men Apocalpyse and Civil War deliver the goods.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So in the US they have had DC Con with trailers released for The Batman, Black Adam, WW84

I'm sure there will all be shit. The Dark Knight and Wonder Woman films were the only DC movies in living memory that were any good.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I'm sure there will all be shit. The Dark Knight and Wonder Woman films were the only DC movies in living memory that were any good.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I don't know, an ultra-violent Batman true to his roots is appealing at the moment... (Disclaimer: I haven't watched a decent movie in ages)

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
If you thought the Christopher Nolan Batman movies were just too colourful and light-hearted, this new one should be right up your alley.

WW84 looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Black Adam is going to have Doctor Fate and Hawkman! Gotta love that.